My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, September 07, 2012

Hope The Weather Improves For My Theatre Trip...

but may have to opt for warmer clothes as there is quite a wind blowing but at least it isn't raining.

I had one good meal yesterday and won't come to any harm. I know they say be careful about food with a use by date but if something looks ok and is going to be well cooked and piping hot I am sometimes prepared to take the risk.

So as I had had two mackerel fillets on Tuesday(the day after the use by date)I had the other two in the fridge so rather than throw them out I had them with a salad and two soft buttered bread buns and they were fine...so they are working out around 70p a fillet and you could probably get away with using one at a time.

Well, I'll have to decide whether to eat something mid afternoon later today or have a supper when I come in(I could do some bacon baps) for my supper, that could be nice. I thought about popping something into the Slow Cooker whilst I am out but I'll keep it simple.

May have a late Breakfast that will keep my energy up, a nice big bowl of cereal, milk and fruit. I can't do toast having no bread. A cup of coffee perhaps.

Update:7th September 2012:I have some milk that had to be used by the 6th September but as it is in a decent fridge and its that fresh milk that lasts longer than a few days when opened, I have looked at it, smelt it and it has not gone sour so again I am not wasting food. Where again, I might have thrown it out. Bit of common sense again...

The weather has improved again so hopefully it will stay that way tonight. I am getting a little excited about my trip, it seemed ages away but it soon comes around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes the pictures look lovely in the brochure but I consider Wiltshire farm foods as school dinners. For example a small slice of so called apple pie with rubbish pastry and syrupy goo inside costs about 60p,you can go to the Co-op and a fantastic fresh baked whole apple pie with real apple inside for £1-£1.30 which lasts ages if your on your own.
As for the dinners yuk!, you can get a nice microwaveble curry in Asda for £2-£3 or a whole cooked chicken for £4

8 September 2012 at 08:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's a good way of putting it Anon and the more I think about it that is quite a close description.

I mean I can buy those small individual apple pies(which is approx six deserts)and some custard and would be enough for me and that could work out as little as 30p per meal...quite a difference.

8 September 2012 at 12:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home