My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Andy Williams...

What can I say another great passes away. We loved his music, loved his TV shows which I watched when I was child. Sadly, we see this happening more because it will and there are not many of who I see as the greats remaining anyhow.

Unfortunately older tv shows and music is not shown or heard as it should be in the UK so we are fortunate that there are some sites like You Tube even though sometimes you can only watch clips. And of course I have to mention the bear that always wanted a cookie and was told..."Not now, Not ever, Never!"

RIP Andy...

May Each Day and Moon River

4 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

There's still chance to listen for a few days. BBC Radio 2 had a concert by the Beach Boys on Monday. Another of those groups we grew up hearing. To use a US radio strapline(I forget the name of the station)"... plays the Music of your Life!"

26 September 2012 at 21:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really sorry to hear about this too, Gildy.

RIP Andy. :o(


Jan

27 September 2012 at 08:29  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

As always the media ignores for years and then goes overboard when such news breaks.

Then talk to the remaining people that were around at the time Andy was at the peak of his popularity.

We don't even have a station geared up to playing what I call "Real" easy listening, it's more like an odd hour here and there. And that is the BBC.

No commercial stations touch it!

27 September 2012 at 10:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have one here in town that plays easy listening. It's actually quite popular.

Jan

28 September 2012 at 09:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home