My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Is This A Bargain?

I spent approx £33 today...If I'd dropped one item I could have brought that down to under £20. I managed to get some more thermal socks(£5)actually cheaper than the last pair I purchased, if I can   find a missing sock that means I can rotate two pairs and have a spare pair. A pair of gloves(with fingers, dark grey)and a pair(without fingers, light grey)Again, if I can find a missing glove, that will mean I have two pairs that I can use and a spare to fall back on.

Both thermal and £4.50 each. A trouser belt £4.50 and finally and this is what I was undecided about but it wasn't badly priced, it looks OK and I think it will keep me warm. A Gilet in black(£15)Quilted fabric.

If it never gets used I haven't spent much but it could be handy on those days where there is a chill in the air.

I was debating whether a fleece one would be better and what colour to go for but it looks fine. If I can avoid going out and having to use taxi's/buses money I might have spent on travelling you could say has been spent on something tangible.

I may not be out much but it's good to have all the right gear and look reasonably smart(even if indoors you slouch around in casual clothes)that have seen better days but keep you as warm as you can be even if you have to leave the heating off.

Update:It's nearly 10.30 at night and it's b***** cold. The weather is horrible, winter has come early. So tomorrow I may start using a hot water bottle, get back into my PJ's and get the old thermal socks on...if it stays as cold as it was when I went out today, I'm going to start wearing my gloves. During the day switch to jumpers and cardigans or keep the PJ's on plus a dressing gown, I have some slippers too. I may start wearing my fingerless gloves too. I can also wear thermal underwear.

I could consider a thicker continental quilt or using an electric blanket on the bed so there are a few options I can play around with, Some people have talked about an old standby I had forgotten about...flannelet sheets.

I plan to watch a bit of TV on the laptop through the night to catch up on(Last night I watched four hours of old Jack Benny Shows)and I have a meal cooking in the slow cooker, I've thrown just a bunch of ingredients in there, it will work or fail...fried bacon pieces and sliced onions, potatoes, celery, sliced mushrooms, leeks, cauliflower, broccoli and gravy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of that sounds bad to me...although I have no idea what a gilet is. :oP

I love Jack Benny! :o)

Flannel sheets (omg...I totally misspelled that word...glad I caught it in time :o/ ) can help a lot.

Wish I could send some of our heat over...it's still hot. :o(

Jan

26 September 2012 at 09:29  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Jan it seems flannel is now called Brushed Cotton.

I was back watching Harvey and Tim last night. He just cannot manage too breaking up.

I also watched an episode of Bewitched(don't think I'd seen it before)Petticoat Junction and Green Acres.

A Gilet can be found here
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_092010776688?CMP=OTC-GOOGLEPS&tmcampid=28&tmad=c

Mine was around £15($24.25)enough to pay for something that won't used every day.

Bought some vitamins and minerals tonight they were on offer three for two(Cheapest one free)I found some by a well brand nearly £18($29.10)for 90 tablets! But next to them the same item with 30 tablets costing £6($9.70)

By buying three boxes in that size still(90 tablets)the third box was free so I only paid £12($19.40)

They will last me until next year approx £1 a week. So the outlay was quite high but not bad over a three month period.

26 September 2012 at 21:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, gotcha. We'd call that a vest.

About Tim and Harvey...

There are infomercials on at the moment for the DVD's. In them they have them all talking about what it was like doing the show.

They did two shows (always in front of a live audience) the second one they taped for broadcast.

Apparently, they would do it in rehearsal and the first show...then Tim would do it totally different for the broadcast taping in an effort to break Harvey. :o)

They all speak so fondly of that show. Carol really created a one of a kind playground for them. Her story is interesting too...I'll tell you when I get some time...or just search online. It's pretty well known here.

All the programs you've mentioned are favorites. :o)

Jan

27 September 2012 at 08:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home