My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Sixties Gold Tour...

 launched on September 14th so this was day two...Chip Hawkes had to cancel his appearance and it would appear that he is seriously ill and they said tonight that he needs a  lot of treatment. His replacement was...Chris Farlowe and he was seemingly doing tonight as a favour but he is appearing on his own European tour and is appearing at another theatre in the area later in the week...the same one that I saw Nicholas Parsons, so in a roundabout way this was an extra surprise. Though, it is sad about Chip and I wish him well...

Chris sounded great but it was commented on and noticed by many how hunchbacked he was and I did hear sometime ago that he too had been seriously ill. He's on a European tour at present but as I said I know he is appearing locally in a few days...

PJ Proby was larger than life and still played his persona.

The Animals were great(and that was with only two original members of the group)They were the keyboard player and drummer.

Gerry Marsden was billed as being with his Pacemakers but really it was just him and the band was pretty much the same one that had been on stage most of the night.

The controversy came at the end of the night when he finished with a song always associated with him and the football club  from his home town "You'll Never Walk Alone!" It was because of the story that has been in and out of the news for approx 20 years and has been  proven to have been a cover up by the Police and the "Establishment"

 I may have link to the story later for readers outside of the country.

Gerry could have left it simply by saying this is is a tribute and in memory of those who lost their lives and even said "We Won!" but he went into a tirade(I can understand his language and why he used certain words)but after what was meant to be a night of entertainment and fun, he perhaps went a little to far. He still could have made his point.  And I did catch a few people's comments as they walked out of the theatre and they thought he had gone just that little bit too far. I quite understand the anger and hurt but on a night that was supposed to be uplifting and fun, as the rest of the night was and it cost a fair bit, I know that I generally go out to try and get a couple of hours away from my troubles in life and I am sure the rest of the audience felt that way.

But yes a good night and the audience was very responsive.

Hillsborough Disaster

The groups featured are playing across the country together and yet looking at the itinerary they keep splitting off and appearing singularly sometimes in large venues and other times in quite an initimate setting.

Can you believe the other day I found Matthews Southern Comfort are even touring the UK...It's amazing just who is.fainting smileyI only know one song of theirs...

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I bet Jerry wasn't slagging off the Liverpool fans responsible for the disaster...they may have a paper 'victory' but the city, the club and those fans know what they did. Just because the police and emergency services buggered things up afterwards and some media were a bit rude doesn't change what happened and why.

17 September 2012 at 17:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I wonder if we'll ever know Span, retrospect is a wonderful thing. His venom was directed at the police and was strong stuff!

17 September 2012 at 17:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do remember when that happened, Gildy. We got the story over here, though I'd not heard about the ensuing kerfuffle.

I do wish entertainers would learn how to separate these things. As you say, you were there to hear him sing, no pontificate.

Glad the rest of the show was good though. :o)

Jan

18 September 2012 at 20:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home