My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, July 27, 2012

That B***** Smoke Alarm...

It's good in one way that it continues to warn there is a problem but though I have removed the battery almost 30 minutes later...It's still bleeping. I'll either have to go out and get that battery when the shops open to avoid being driven insane by the loud high pitched noise(I hope it will stop soon)or shove it in a draw...

I did and guess what the other alarm has started behaving the same way...I've disconnected that one now but it's still beeping!SmileyThat's under clothes in the airing cupboard and still I hear it!

Update:It wasn't the Smoke Alarms...it was the Carbon Monoxide alarm in the Hallway downstairs and the batteries have been replaced and the bleeping has stopped.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight and that it can't be heard from where you lay your head. Over 12 hours since you posted this post... is it still beeping now?

27 July 2012 at 18:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hi Michelle :-)

It finally stopped around 1pm(ish)this afternoon and all is peaceful.

Except as you know(others on here do not)I have had one of the dreaded brown envelopes from the DWP(for those abroad)they deal with welfare/benefits/pensions and I have a big form to fill in and everyone panics when they receive one of those and I do mean everyone.

So I hope that does not keep me awake. 34 pages, 14 parts and approx 56 sub categories I have to fill in.

All done except for four quite detailed sections. I think another trip to the CAB is in order...and quickly as they want the form back within 11 days and getting to see someone at the CAB is difficult.

I hope everything stays as it is but if not I do not see a big drop in income...

27 July 2012 at 20:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home