My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The UK Is In A Double Dip Recession...

the worst for fifty years. Tentatively they are blaming the weather(well perhaps)but I assume that would mainly affect tourism the most but if money is tight and people are worried about staying employed perhaps you are just not spending and that in turn I suppose is why money is in short supply and that could then mean businesses suffer.

But the other reason being touted is the fact we had a few extra Bank Holidays. Any excuse to attack the few little breaks the population get from work. We work long hours, are mainly on rubbish wages and need to recharge our batteries, spend time with loved ones if you are fortunate to have family. So it's the least the Government or an employer can do for their employees to give them a day or two off. Lets just be slaves and work until we drop.

As Carol one of my posters said, many times its as if all  you do is work and have no time to do something nice for yourself. There could be an argument that as there are fewer jobs but more people requiring work, employers could/should offer something like job share. The trouble is that if wages are poor already, you could not live on the money you would get for three days of work.

And I suspect you would have to go back to the state to try and get help, now that to me sounds like you are claiming well fare again. On the other hand you may just fail the criteria for such help and then you could find that you are out of pocket and worse off for working.

I still am unsure why the Government thought that because the Olympics are taking place the hours shops are open needed to be relaxed and extended. How its helping the economy I don't know. You can only spend what you have and when it's gone, it's gone.

I suspect that there is ulteria motives as if they can say this exercise was a success we may find supermarkets in particular open all the year round including Christmas Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home