My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, July 27, 2012

I Can Virtually Be A Recluse...

I am so well stocked up with food in my store room, fridge/freezer I may be able to do avoid shopping for the next month(unless I need bread or I hope I can afford my computer mag, the only publication I buy)My rent is paid for the next four weeks too(well what I have to pay in my present situation...)I have my medication for the month ahead so I'm as organised as I can be. I'm all sorted with my electric and gas too.

I will spend my time trying to eat better, sleeping and resting more and continuing to pull things into order here.

Still not taken in by the Olympics...

It's been raining again but hot down south, however the weatherman on the radio says the wet stuff will return across the whole of the UK early next week so the Olympics may be affected.

I treated myself to some sweets on my last trip to the supermarket...all the stuff you shouldn't but it will last me quite some time. The kind of kid's sweets you used to buy when going to school , many moons ago.

So I have some white chocolate buttons, marshmallows, fizzy mix, mini jelly beans, white chocolate buttons with hundreds and thousands on them, fizzy space belts. Tesco's seem to have switched one ingredient and have moved from beef gelatin to Pork which personally I am happier over. Whenever they use gelatin they nearly always go for Beef.

I haven't had sherbet in years(more like decades)so I found a Barratt Dib Dab and a Sherbet Fountain, a couple of tubes of Fruit Salad Chews.Smiley

I have not had much to eat today but I had a lovely big bowl of cereal with banana, blueberries, red grapes and strawberries. A whole carton of orange juice, toast and marmalade.

I'll not come to any harm with that...and I am full enough.

Feeling a bit sleepy tonight so may get manage to get a decent night's rest Smiley allowing for the fact the smoke alarm's battery must be running low as it's starting bleeping occasionally so I'll have to replace it, for now I'll just remove it. Smiley


As best part of things are disconnected much of the time. And rarely do I have anything on without me being here. Unless I am cooking and burn something the only naked flame in the house is the pilot light in the gas boiler.

You'll know from my posts I did not sleep though I have been resting and have been dozing...

My main meal for today when it's defrosted is almost a casserole(again done in the slow cooker)turkey mince, bacon, vegetables and potatoes in a kind of gravy/sauce of some kind. Earlier in the day I'll have some cereal and toast again. And during the day a couple of sausage rolls with some salad perhaps...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were virtually a recluse already !

27 July 2012 at 19:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

No, but if you have health issues, income limits etc...you can only do a certain amount.

When I don't have to jump through so many hoops I hope that I will do more and be more involved with what's happening around me.

You can sit on a seat outdoors and people watch, shop and then what?

Perhaps you have family, friends, access to transport. Are you working? We don't know much about your life whereas mine is mentioned here so you can be critical.

You only come on here as anon(not a name)an idea of whether you are male or female. Which anon you are? Whether we still have a few or just one.

When you come home and close the door we are all recluses up to a point. If single you are alone, that cannot be changed.

Unless you meet someone and end up in a relationship and none of us know what the future holds on that score.

If you have a partner/children they are your world and you have priorities and can share experiences.

But again something unexpected can come along to change that.

27 July 2012 at 20:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy a cheapo mobility scooter & get out of the house & join a club or something, before you go insane !

27 July 2012 at 23:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I won't go insane, my mind is fine...my problems are sorting out my finances for the future and those kind of unknowns...

And I still have not disregarded the thought of having a scooter or a stair lift.

I like my own company so that isn't a problem either.

Just as well...

If I can stay here I may invest in some new carpets and furniture too, mattresses for the beds but I don't want to spend on those kind of things to leave them behind...

28 July 2012 at 00:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home