My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

These Past Days...

I found myself very sleepy...so I cannot say that I have done a great deal. But I am back on track for tidying the store room, the house and I am eating more. Trying to do something a little different meal wise.

Approx an hour ago I had some fruit and cereal.

When out today I found some decent cider cheaper than the previous offer(50p and 75p a can)so the price is getting better. On the other hand chicken is going up in price. I also noticed possibly because people are feeling the pinch income wise, many of the low priced range of goods were out of stock especially tinned vegetables and potatoes.

The chickens that I was getting for  approx £2.25 are now £3 or more, two chicken breasts are £2 but today I went for diced chicken at £3 but I got more for my money and I thought I have the option of making a casserole or doing a stir fry and should be able to get a few meals out of it.

It has been noticed on quite a few forums that talk about life on a tight budget and with the drought in the States and the wet weather here, some foods have risen in price or is in short supply.

I'd say don't panic buy but do consider buying an extra tin, jar or packet of food when shopping and have a small store room of goods for when food is unavailable, income is tight or certain items increase in price.

Using my shopping trolley I have saved on taxi fares which either means that I can save the fares, leaving money in my pocket or spend that towards the shopping. Wish I'd done this years ago. What I have spent or could have saved using a taxi...must run into thousands...

I was in the charity shop today and for 99p picked up a really decent lightweight grey jacket/jerkin. Hope something comes in that is suitable for the Winter...I found some luxury Cadbury's chocolate on offer in the newsagents today, three bars for £1 so I treated myself.

Update:Tonight I cooked some *pork meat balls(well they are already cooked so you could eat them cold if you wanted to)in the remainder of that packet mix from yesterday that is suppose to give the meal a kind of flavour of red wine gravy, sliced mushrooms, garlic, onions, streaky bacon, chicken stock, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and new potatoes(Using the slow cooker again)It was tasty and came out well. I have found some of those mixes by the supermarkets own range for as little as 38p and I can use half at a time so that brings the cost down still further, they seem ok.

But again I have been told if I think the slow cooker is good, try the halogen oven.

Whilst I was waiting for it to be ready, I had another look out and went to the supermarket at 10pm and did not feel frightened and there were quite a few people around riding bikes, riding on mobility scooters etc...and quite a few cars in the car park, all I was short of was bananas and strawberries. I had nearly purchased them earlier but thought I had some in the house.

*I could not make them any cheaper myself or make as many as there are in the container, they are a reasonable size and there are enough to get a few meals out of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home