My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Life Is Strange...

Mum and myself listened to a music show every Sunday at 11pm with a broadcaster of many years on radio of over 50 years David Jacobs.He will be the same age as Mum. He always starts his show the same way with the greeting "Hello There!" and  Mum would answer back. He disappeared off the airwaves approx 3 months ago and though  it's been kept quiet, it's common knowledge that he has been unwell and possibly been in hospital and then required a period of rest.

Mum was concerned and missed him and his programme. In the meantime the radio station has been running a repeat of a documentary he did about Frank Sinatra from 1998.

Well, early in July, he returns and starts his programme again. Mum will never hear it again, Mum will never know what happened to him and I'll have mixed feelings listening to it, this time on my own.

I will though, just as I have had to get used to doing so with some of the other music radio programmes since
Mum passed away but somehow this show means more than some of the others...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home