My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Food...

Very rarely do I come across anything on the internet that is distasteful or horrible. Perhaps that is because I am careful what I put into a search engine or I am still quite naive regarding computers. Anyhow I came across an article about some of the foods that have been banned in certain countries. Some for really silly reasons, Tomato Ketchup being one of them. I'll link to such an article in this post, don't worry though some of the foods are not very nice, the article is quite light and is readable.

I'm not surprised many would be unpopular here(but I have to accept that many are in other countries where the culture is different)but I did accidentally elsewhere a monkey that seemed and I don't think it was a mock up showing it's brains(they are popular elsewhere)and there was a live video of a kind of octopus that has it limbs hacked off and eaten whilst alive(but these are cruel and disgusting)the only upside is that some who eat the octopus that way find that the hacked off limb attaches itself to the throat of the person eating it and can cause serious medical problems. So in a way its getting its own back.

As I say the article I have linked to is safe so don't be afraid to click on it.

Ten Foods That Have Been Banned

I think I get a good variety of food in the UK, I do try some new things when they are available but that list I am happy to avoid.

Now because of the different cultures and the expense of the US you get all kinds of foods that rarely transfer elsewhere and this other list is quite interesting. Some are probably eaten here but under a different name but again these don't seem appetising to me.

Favourite Foods Of The US But Haven't Become Popular Around The World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home