My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

An Eventful Morning...

the neighbour out the back heard that my gardener had come to do my garden...so he was round in double quick time...and to save trouble my gardener ended up taking quite a few branches off my copper Beech tree and that meant that he did not complete the work I was paying him for...but in the end it is better than having a dispute with the neighbour, he's been determined to get my tree chopped down for years.You may remember the CAB, Landlord and a Councillor gave it a once over just before Mum was diagnosed with Cancer and I thought that was all I had to worry about at the time.

If I'd have known what I know now I could care less about the tree(no I do care)but as Mum was important I'd happily give up the tree to have Mum back. Fortunately my gardener has trimmed the tree and not charged me. And he's coming back later today(he hasn't so far)to do the rest of the garden that was put off because of having to switch to the tree and pleasing the neighbour. It's not so much that the branches have been cut but we now have to find a way to have them taken away.

Then I had some rubbish to clear from the outhouse which I planned to do at my leisure but I have now found a tear in the roofing felt on the garage and outhouse so I'll have to report that and get it repaired before bad weather sets in but this means I cannot leave the outhouse in the state it is so I am now having to clear that quicker than planned so I hope to have that completed by Monday. A few more days won't make a difference now. It's made me hurry up and not put it off.
So I have made quite a bit of headway already and hope to continue...

In the meantime and I knew this already, my gardener says the neighbour is a trouble maker, he's not impressed and told me to steer clear of him as much as possible. I suspect once he has got his way over the tree he will disappear again and I will not have much contact with him.

He is one of those that somehow even though I am rarely in the back garden and there are plenty of shrubs that make the garden private he always seems to know what I am doing. Even down to putting the hose on the tumble dryer out of the window. Or when I am in certain rooms.

He is the only one that gives me grief, even the new neighbours who moved in next door don't cause problems any more, sadly the only problem is that they altered their garden and that means less wildlife and birds visiting the area mainly because they took out a lot of greenery and replaced it with a large patio and area for all the visitors that were going to call at weekends and have BBQ's. But eventually that stopped.

Oh well back to the clear out! I think I have managed to do half of it, some has been delayed because I'll have to shred statements. But I don't think my shredder is working properly, we'll see.

8 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

It's a pity the gardener didn't drop the branches into the complaining neighbour's garden.
As lopping them off was his idea, I think the least he can do is get rid of them.
Failing that, I wonder if any other neighbours have wood burning stoves. Perhaps a card in the window of a corner shop might attract somebody who would be glad of them.

20 June 2012 at 15:39  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I wish I knew someone who might like to burn them but my gardener says he will get rid of them. He reckons without his help it could have cost me thousands...

I've lost a fair bit and in the end the leaves will be high up and the lower part will just be trunk.

Oh well...

At the end of the day, he's got his way...

He tries to comes across concerned and jovial(but he's a complainer)

He tried to mess about with the tree 10 years ago.

Almost 40 years ago he accused my Father of killing his plants because he had used creasote on the boundary fence(my father hadn't)

Word reached me some time ago that the neighbours on either side of him are not too keen.

20 June 2012 at 16:56  
Anonymous VQ said...

Well, Gildy. You didn't ask the gardener to cut the branches off so don't be coerced into paying for it - however much the gardener says it should have cost.

20 June 2012 at 17:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the neighbour should pay your gardener for the work he asked him to do Gildy.

20 June 2012 at 17:37  
Anonymous Tree Service New York said...

Your neighbor sounds like a total sour puss. Its a tree! Some people just don't know how to appreciate nature ;) I hope your roofing gets fixed soon! God bless, and happy gardening!!

-Carlos Hernandez

20 June 2012 at 18:01  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Carlos,
It's no longer the beautiful tree it was and is now lopsided so it will have to be evened out. Oh well.

Yes, hopefully I will have the rubbish cleared by the weekend, I've made a good start and cannot get any more in the wheelie bins...

But I can start filling binbags...

Well I agree anon but as the gardener is doing it for nothing, it's cost neither of us anything.

Sadly, as it's not near any property it wasn't causing damage but he kept claiming it casts a shadow over his garden so...

The extra work stopped the gardener completing his original job of cutting the lawn and tidying the shrubs.

And the weather is supposed to be turning nasty again for the next few days so it may be delayed again...

20 June 2012 at 18:31  
Blogger crl2amb said...

What a lovely message from Carlos Hernandez!

Cx

20 June 2012 at 18:32  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It was wasn't it :-)

20 June 2012 at 18:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home