My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another One Of Those Scare Stories/Studies...

They are now suggesting that drinking tea(approx 7 cups a day)could cause men to get Prostate Cancer and yet for years it has been suggested that drinking Green Tea as popular in China, the opposite is true in that it actually slows down or can stop cancer. The site I am linking to even has some stories down the side suggesting this.


We also have one paragraph that contradicts what the study suggests...


I quote "The team said it did not know if tea was a risk factor or if drinkers lived to ages where cancer was more common."


If that is unknown then the study is incomplete and the results have been released too soon. Well that's how I read it.


Even a sufferer of Prostate cancer says..."As usual you get evidence on one side and you get evidence on the other and you're left in the middle trying to decide who's right but I have to say, I don't think tea is very high on the agenda if you're looking at diet, lifestyle and so on. There are other things which come well above tea."


See for yourself...


Male Tea Drinkers At Greater Risk Of Prostate Cancer

4 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

As with all these scare stories, I think all we can do is read them and decide for ourselves whether we think they make sense.
Then do as we see fit.
If we took heed of all of them, we'd all be nervous wrecks.

20 June 2012 at 12:57  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Didn't they say not so long ago that salt is actually good for you and not bad as we have been told for years?

Anyway I'm not giving up my tea for any reason.

I can remember as a baby being given a bottle of tea and thinking yummy, I like this stuff!!

Cx

PS. I find green tea absolutely foul!

20 June 2012 at 14:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's how I see it VQ...a scare story...it wasn't too long ago we were being told that coffee was bad for you but now there are quite a few articles suggesting the opposite and telling all the benefits it has for health.

20 June 2012 at 14:36  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Carol, I know what you mean about Green Tea but I have seen reports that say ordinary tea can be good for you too and I think it is possible to buy a blend that has both.

I think its more likely to be harmful if you don't add milk and take it straight but I'd say that with black coffee.

Moderation in most things...after all too much squash, fruit juice is said to be bad too so what would you drink if you followed all the advice given.

Salt probably is excessive in processed food but most of us use it sparingly when we add it.

I like it on tomatoes, potatoes and chips.

And you can get used to using less just as you can with sugar.

I still don't understand why the text has gone funny on this blog post. I tried to fix it but no joy...

Ant x

20 June 2012 at 17:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home