My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Nearly Missed What The Brother Of...

the main opposition party in the UK has said the last few days. The upshot is in short David Miliband feels that we are heading for ten years of little or no growth economically but we won't go down the Greece route more like how Japan has had to cope.

He also thinks that we may see unrest socially and industrially, to some extent I would say that they go together and they are hard to keep separated. If you are financially strapped, doing a job you hate or it's not well paid, perhaps you are worried that you can keep it or have some personal tragedy going on is it any wonder there is unrest, descent...Some will always be more vocal and some will go on the streets(Remember the unrest over the Poll Tax?)

So anyone who says that demonstrations don't work, it may not happen often but changes do occasionally. The reason the Poll Tax demonstration worked probably was because the government could not demonise a particular section of society because to use a phrase of our current PM "We're all this together!" Well, the population was.

We struggle to pay the replacement to the Poll Tax(Community Charge)its like a millstone around your neck because it is on top of paying utility and food bills, water rates, rent and for many they also pay taxes. It is hard to imagine what it must have been like living in a home where everyone over 18 was expected to pay.

He's had the good grace to admit when we are in a situation like this, politics is in a vacuum(in other words isn't offering any hope for the mass population to cling to)It's been that way for a long time and whether you blame the previous party who was in power, the political parties are so similar, I doubt it would have made any difference who was in charge when the recession happened. So they can all be blamed or be as blameless as each other. If there was election tomorrow I have no idea who I would vote for...to use an old phrase often used "You could not put a cigarette paper between any of the politicians"

Lets change that...usually you get a different view from those not actually in the cabinet or the equivalent in opposition but once in the inner sanctum they tend to sing from the same hymn sheet and have to show a uniform front. Besides, why would you be out of step when you could lose your position and I think(I'm ready to be corrected)those who hold a specific post are paid more than an ordinary MP.

I could care less about most of those in  the Government and most just get on with what they have to do...but there five in particular who I will not name and you can speculate all you like who they are who I would love to see get their comeuppance and its not a term I use often because it's such a strong emotion and in many ways can make you bitter but I hate them.

He also admits that Labour had to accept some of the blame and that no political party nor the Bank Of England etc...didn't do enough to warn the population what was coming. It might've been nice to know but seriously what could any of us have done about it, isn't that we have governments and business people in place to do that for us especially in a capital based economy.

I do like his ideas of how to change Parliament by having more topical questions asked of those who have to speak and especially to stop three quarters of the topics/questions asked being notified to them in advance.

I'd like to think this means that they will listen to the electorate should they get voted into power but I am not very hopeful.

And just because I have written the above or posted a link to the article I am not saying what my political leanings are(I came across it by accident)and again as I said earlier as I have no idea which way I would vote you could say I am quite neutral.

It's been said that you should vote for the party that will do the best for the country but more than ever these days I look at my own situation and am more likely to vote for which party will hopefully help me. But I think I represent many, who are on low incomes, need help from welfare, are ill etc...and that's a lot of society.

Britain Facing A Period Of 1970's Unrest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home