My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We Have A Meeting Of The So Called...

Great and the good. The countries who are supposedly the strongest economically, all in Mexico trying to show a united front but in reality they are all concerned with how they come across back in their own country when the media reports what's happening back home. They want to be seen as the strongest. They are really still all working as individuals.

Isn't it always the way?

Wish I could remember which radio programme I heard it on but only a few weeks ago a correspondent was saying how much the leaders are working on their own and how as soon as a meeting like this over how they all try to rush to the press/media room and be the first to give a press conference. To be the top dog!

We've got our problems in Europe with Bankers and Politicians. They are and there is no other word for it, "Shafting" the general public, those with a job are working long hours, those who relie on state help, the sick, elderly, the unemployed are being or will find life hard in coming months especially when they remove or reduce the financial help received and if you can get help it will be reduced and though they say inflation has reduced in the UK, I doubt many of us will notice.

But then we have Europe responding rigorously to criticism from the US who seem to be blaming Europe for what has/is happening. They don't want to be bullied. Well is that really a surprise when the President has to show strength and convince his population that the US is in a strong position and if possible make it look as though it's "Not Me!" It's someone else...the fact that an election is coming has nothing to do with this...of course not...(My tongue is firmly in my cheek)

In reality the problem started in the US with the Sub Prime fiasco and people borrowing too much to buy properties that could not in reality be afforded. The problem is that business is global so everyone is investing in each others economy so sooner or later everyone was going to get stung.

So no one was going to get off scott free...

Unfortunately, those who supposedly knew what they were doing didn't(and I'm not sure that any of them do now)but we're stuck with it. It's the model we have. However, people that have nothing to do with what's going on are paying the price in worry and stress. And in the meantime the same people and organisations/Governments are still trying to run things and fix the problem.

But we're all in this together and probably for many, many years to come...

I'm writing this but what do I know?

I wasn't always this cynical...and I hope that I won't always be so...

The Crisis Did Not Start In Europe...

And just in case it sounds as though Bankers always are criticised, many connected to the media and business world, appear to be connected to the group I link to below. I don't know if this is a conspiracy, something to worry about. You'll have to decide. This magazine obviously decided to print an article. If it is, that printed think so, If true, I may be in trouble...so if I suddenly go quiet...

The Bilderberg Group

8 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

I think you know a lot Gildy and explain it very well.

Cx

19 June 2012 at 18:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank You Carol...I think that you do too ;-)

I'm risking adding another link...

19 June 2012 at 18:44  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Lot of American companies in that group...

19 June 2012 at 20:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tome seems to be saying just what everyone in politics is saying ie. "nothing to do with me guv"
When in fact we all have to take some responisibility for the country cupboard being empty.

People having three holidays a year on credit cards,
people buying a phone (made in China) a week after they had just bought another phone because it has a red zongle on it

....Over half a million people on incapacity benefits during Brown/Blair's reign, I am not criticizing them just reminding us that somebody or something has to pay for them.

The abuse of the NHS (and public bodies)where a contractory charges £320 to change a single light tube.

Riots supposidly about a single man being shot by the police-no riots about the Iraq War-No riots about an innocent Brazilian man been shot seven times at close range.
So I have to dissagree about it only being 'The Bankers' fault
we are indeed all in it together as its EVERYBODY'S FAULT.

19 June 2012 at 20:06  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Interesting links Gildy.

Cx

19 June 2012 at 20:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Of course there are mistakes at all levels and thee example you give about the NHS is a good one...

There will be people having two or three holidays and doing all what you say but observing my neighbours and those I come into contact with, it's not happening here.

In my own street I can only think of two neighbours that have had a holiday in recent years and where they'd have once gone abroad they are staying in the UK and often just catching 3-4 days.

And that was before this recession. I cannot think of anyone who is truly happy when you actually get around to talking to them in depth.

And quite a few of neighbours have health issues(around the time my Mum took ill)another was seriously ill and had major surgery and I suspect things are still touch and go.

To say it's everybody's fault is a bit of an exaggeration, I may allow the term "Many"

19 June 2012 at 20:17  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Carol,
I found them in a short time, who knows what else would come to light with more time to search.
Ant x

19 June 2012 at 22:12  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Anon, What many of us have had taken from us...is hope!

19 June 2012 at 23:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home