My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Albert Bartlett...

A while back I'd never heard of him but the local supermarket started selling Rooster potatoes 

They are now probably my favourites, I can make them go quite a long way and often if lucky the supermarket reduces the price. They cook quicker than most potatoes and are very soft so can be eaten as potatoes or mash.

They can also make a decent jacket potato.

I have yet to try them but yesterday(On special offer)I don't know what they usually cost but they were only 50p a packet there was a new variety on sale so I purchased a couple of packets.

The Apache potato is unusual in that they are(well the skins are, perhaps if peeled they are a normal colour)unlike the other potatoes they are red and purple. These are normal size so do not need cutting in half..

Some cooking tips(I assume these will work for any potato...)

122 Potato Facts

As we're talking food I see the Never Seconds blog is up and running and I think I could have eaten what was being served up today but if you look at the link there is something that seems not to work for me, perhaps it's just me but it just seems strange serving cucumber with gravy and unless it is hidden they only gave three slices. I would not have thought of putting it with lamb meatballs, diced carrot and turnip and mashed potato.

2 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

Just so long as you don't end up with a wattle Anthony! :D

19 June 2012 at 18:33  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

We may all end up eating potatoes as the main part of our diet...remember the Potato Famine...

I don't say that lightly...

19 June 2012 at 18:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home