My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Later Today...

I'll finally have all the rooms in the house tidy, dusted, vacuumed and only one room will be a tip but it means I can close the door on that room and start to go through everything at leisure. And sort what I can throw out and put items that should be kept in an orderly manner.

I would have liked some flowers for the border of the front garden but there is little choice in town and its a bit late now. But I have a hanging basket with Bizzie Lizzies in it. A little tub with Bizzie Lizzies and some Primroses in it. Another with a Fuchsia bush and some spare Bizzie Lizzies.

Tomorrow, I plan to do another tub with another Fuchsia bush. And another with two rather large Dahlia plants.  It's all  I can get at present. That still leaves two tubs to clear out and try to make something of. I'll see if I can find anything else next time I am in town, maybe there could be some Pansy's and/or Geraniums.

And if the weather improves perhaps my gardener can tidy things up at last, with all the rain every garden is overgrown and a little untidy. And he's been trying to do my garden for over three weeks now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

It's amazing how much difference a few flowers make. So far, I've only got around to putting some geraniums into containers. They practically look after themselves.
Good for you, Gildy. You're sounding positive.
My holiday seems to have left me with no 'get-up-and-go' at all. I must sort myself out!

18 June 2012 at 10:27  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Holidays can be tiring VQ - give give yourself a few days to get over it. Welcome home by the way. :)

Cx

18 June 2012 at 13:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I am still tempted to have a few days away but the truth is "You still have to come home" and I don't mind "pottering around"

You have all the travelling...in my case that can mean a long journey probably longer for me if I use a coach, I may link up with someone but though I like my own company, a holiday alone isn't the same.

Perhaps I'll see what excursions are on and go on a day trip or just away for a weekend. Dip my toe in the water to see how I feel.

I'd like to go back to Bournemouth but that's a long long journey. I used to like Cornwall too. But that's the other end of the country. I'm sure there must be some places nearer to home. I'll not rush it.

Coming back from holiday can make you feel down and it takes a while to get that "Get up and go"

Take care of you VQ and I hope you soon feel more like yourself.

18 June 2012 at 14:04  
Anonymous VQ said...

If you do decide on a short break, Gildy, how about Whitby?
It's quaint and interesting and they make fish and chips better than anywhere else I know!
Or, of course, there are the gorgeous Yorkshire Dales. My favourite village is Grassington.
I don't know if things are different in your part of the World but, in London, you would probably be entitled to a disability bus pass and that would entitle you to free bus travel all over England (after 9.30am). Well worth enquiring about.

18 June 2012 at 15:37  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Very good ideas VQ...I'm not looking for anything energetic. Looking at lovely scenery, having meals cooked for me and a radio in my hotel bedroom and I'm set.

Nothing wrong with Whitby or the Dales. There's not much to do at Saltburn other than watch the sea but even that would do me...by train I probably could be there within an hour.

Even Scarborough is another place to think about.

Got one last tray of Geraniums and a tray of Marigolds.

I may be able to do all the tubs with what I now have or all but one...

At least they'll have colour and be new and not all straggly.

18 June 2012 at 18:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home