My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sew, Sew...

I found by chance a container of cotton threads in different colours with needles that I had purchased for around 99p

I'd forgotten about this little gem. There I was looking for individual cotton thread to use in the needles I had to hand.

When opened it, what a lot of little extras were included unknown to me.

A tape measure, a thimble, a needle threader, some spare buttons and fasteners even a tiny pair of scissors.

I have sewed one pair of lounge trousers, re-sewed my PJ bottoms and soon I'll be doing the same with the PJ tops(I'd already done)my other pair of PJ's, the other pair of lounge trousers and then it's not so bad.

I'm sure Mum could've sewed them better but they're good enough for me. Neither of us have had to sew anything for ages and I'd have usually used that Wunderweb stuff.

Jumpers, I usually cheat and just pull the sleeves back or turn the cuffs up and they stay there. It's going to be sometime before that iron gets used if at all...but at least I have one.

I feel a little bit brighter today and not so down...I'm still not happy about the situation but I'm going on I suppose...At least I slept well. And managed seven hours.

I have found my Tesco's Reward card(well I should change it to My name)but it's close enough to me as it has my first initial and surname but says Mrs instead of Mr. One day I'll sort it out but for now I'm going to the store to get the points added that I was given when I purchased the TV's and tomorrow I'll get them added for the microwave/combi oven.

As for the tidying of the house, I need to dust and vacuum but the lounge is almost tidy, the same with the dinning room and kitchen. My bedroom is almost tidy as is Mum's bedroom which I have been using. I have moved the rubbish/things to be sorted into the empty front bedroom and closed the door so its not seen and I can go through it at my leisure. I'll give the bathroom and toilet a clean up too.

Then I'll tackle the outhouse and garage.

I'll then decide whether to replace the light bulbs with energy saving ones but I don't think it makes that much difference and not if you are only using one light at a time in one room(mainly, the centre ones in the ceiling)And I'm not a lover of the new type of bulbs anyhow.

When it's all done there's not much left to do.

One day I may decide to replace the carpets, if I do I suspect it will be the last time that I will in my lifetime.

Most of what I have will see me to the end of my days. Sad but true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home