My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Hope I Am Just About Sorted...

I told you that I am now trying to save on the energy bills...

Some meals can be done very quickly on the main oven using the hobs but a microwave has its uses too. I got to thinking sometimes putting a large oven on for some meals uses a lot of power(I may still have to use it occasionally)as some things just cannot be cooked in a microwave.

But today I saw a combi micro and grill oven and asked some questions and was told that you can cook full chickens, meat joints, sausages and most things that you need an oven for and as its smaller and uses less power it probably would be a good way to cut down on energy(especially for a single person)

I think if I put food like soup, beans, frozen veg in the right containers or with enough water(if required)I can cook just about anything and if I learn, instead of frying an egg to poach or scramble I can do eggs in a microwave and still could then put it on a mixed grill platter if that was what I was doing. But I could still always use the main oven just for the hobs and frying...

I hope that I won't regret my purchase. I already have an ordinary microwave but I suspect they have improved even to when I purchased the last one...

Anyone have any experience of using a combi...Its a good make...Panasonic...

In amongst all I have to think about with Mum, it's awful having to deal with day to day things like this...

Well, at least I have the tv sorted...the pc monitor sorted...tv license sorted, internet and phone line rental sorted...weekday evening calls and unlimited calls at the weekend...the washer, tumble drier and fridge freezer are reasonably new and I have still have approx 4 years left on the guarantees, if I get a sofa and mattress, I'm not too bad as long as my computers don't need an expensive repair.

Once I get the energy bills sorted I hope I'll be ok but I do worry about the rent and community charge but I hope they'll help me at some point, I don't think I could live on any less than I am now. It's tight but I reckon I am surviving on approx £36.55 or less a week(approx £5.22 daily*)that's to heat the house now and again, cook and feed myself, watch tv and stay on the net and hopefully afford the power to run everything. I keep switching off all that I am not using.

I suppose the only way I could spend less would be to not have any entertainment and look at four walls or go to bed. You got to have some pleasure.

That's adding in the deal with EDF regarding electric and gas and an estimation of what they think I will spend over a month*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home