My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Not In Bed Yet...

I'm cold but I have managed to avoid going to bed yet...

I used to listen to BBC Radio 5/World Service overnight if not sharing the mp3 player with all the music Mum loved.

But using the radio I purchased for Mum now(placed in the windowsill)and seemingly not annoying the neighbour I am listening to LBC(The talk station meant for London)but heard across the UK via Digital Radio.

Though last night I kept going off to sleep and missing great chunks of the programmes, I don't know whether the place in the schedule is permanent but Duncan Barkes is on air at present 1am-4am and he usually manages to get people going followed by Steve Allen at 4am he is a kind of fixture at LBC and he does have a floowing. He sometimes goes too far but again I only heard a little bit through doing what you should do when you go to bed...sleep!

I managed approx 12 hours yesterday but its not depression yet! It's just easier to listen to the radio, it's warmer and more comfortable.

I may turn things around once I get broadband if I am using it mainly overnight and if I am watching TV via the net laying in bed probably will be a better way to view the TV.

And I can sleep in the morning if I have to.

If I am downloading podcasts and the like I may find the speed they download will mean I still don't need to be on the net all night anyhow.

I have eaten...I have had a can of Chicken Noodle Soup and now I am about to have some fish. Even if I only have one or two meals daily if I am not burning off the calories I am probably getting enough nourishment.

I might start using all the Complan and milk shakes I have left over which Mum sadly never managed to finish. They can always do for one meal... I have five cans of powder for making shakes worth £20 and they make a total of 60 drinks...that's approx 65p a drink(Powder and milk)

I may be able to start and hear radio from around the world not just the UK and if he still on air, a favourite DJ on air on the South Coast of the UK on a number of BBC Stations from the Pirate Radio Days Roger "Twiggy" Day and Dave Cash...

6 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Gildy, one of the 'up' sides to your (and my) situation is that you can be selfish. You can do whatever you like. Listen/watch whatever programmes you like. Eat whatever you fancy. Even stay in bed for an hour or two longer than usual.
Glad to hear that you're remembering to eat. You're doing okay.

3 May 2012 at 01:56  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I am but I looked at the Death Certificate today(as I arranged to stop mail addressed to Mum coming to this address)and the Coroner has put Pneumonia first as the cause of death and the cancer second. I heard a little cough when with Mum if she had a drink so I wonder if I'd said something or called a Dr in she may still have been around a while longer as they might have been able to get rid of that. But the Coroner did say that usually goes hand in hand with cancer so I should just let it go as I probably should accept Mum did not get out of bed as much as she might of...now whether that was Mum's choice because she did like being in bed or they did not attempt to get Mum into a chair more, I don't know and again perhaps I'm looking for reasons and I should stop.

The Coroner has accepted the causes for Mum's passing. If they'd had doubts I'm sure they'd have taken it up. And so should I accept their findings, its not going to change anything.

My doubts are natural and hopefully will lessen. I don't think like this all the time...and I have toimes where I am calm and collected.

3 May 2012 at 10:29  
Blogger Maxine said...

Just dropping by to say that our thoughts are with you, Gildersleeve. Blogging will help you process your thoughts, so glad to see you are still posting. Keep your chin up!

papillonbleu
x

3 May 2012 at 10:39  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Lovely to hear from you Maxine and thank you for dropping by.

3 May 2012 at 11:00  
Anonymous VQ said...

If it's as cold where you are as it is where I am, I wouldn't blame you for going to bed early, Gildy.
Last night I went to bed at 8pm with my radio and a book.
It's the warmest place!
Bedsocks are a great help - larger than normal socks and sheer bliss.

3 May 2012 at 13:17  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I can spend hours and hours in bed but I don't think its any longer a case of doing so because I'm depressed you just get to thinking what are you sitting up for.

If you are listening to a radio at least in bed you are comfortable(though I need a new mattress for both beds)single and double but once I decide which one I will be using I'll decide which I should buy, I am tempted to go with the double more space but if I have to move the single is probably more practical.

On the other hand the back bedroom always seemed warmer, the single bed is there and so are my pc's and a radio is there too. Plus a telephone.

Then again they'll tell you that it is good to get up and move around and I suppose it helps stop chest infections and Pneumonia.

They probably like people to get up and move around and have a purpose but when you are single apart from eating what are you going to do unless you have to go out perhaps to do some shopping or fortunately if someone invites you out somewhere.

Its just as easy to listen to the radio or watch tv in bed. Or as you said read a book.

That's probably why Mum liked her bed at home and enjoyed listening to the music on the mp3 player.

And again if money is tight, what have you got to spend?

I've had more headaches regarding Mum's finances today...I have found out Mum is owed approx £163 from Dad's pension, I now have send back forms and death certificate but cannot touch the last payment until probate is sorted.

And that will just get swallowed up and taken away by the council/benefits people. So they'll really get it not me. Well I do in that it will pay for almost two full weeks rent again...

But some of the forms I need to find someone to be a witness to say I am who I say I am.

I hoping to see Mum later this afternoon one last time.

Better get on...

3 May 2012 at 13:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home