My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Should Tidy Myself Up And Get Shaved...

but I'll do that when I come home, I won't be out very long. I don't have the money to spend on lots of shopping and being alone I don't need as much anyhow so perhaps that cancels each other out!

I am going to try and struggle on my own legs to the local supermarket(avoid paying for a taxi)and get some copies of the local free sheet and bring them home for myself and a few spare for those who might like to see the notice about Mum, where the paper does not reach the area that they live. I think that it has a two or three mile radius. But some people that may attend the service might just be a little further away. I'll keep some but I'm not really sure what I can do with them.

I cannot see the point of keep getting the press release out and reading it.

Yesterday I spent £48 having copies of my parents Marriage certificate and their birth certificates and my own. I just did because I could. I cannot see how they'll
matter anymore(they won't to Mum and Dad)and when I am no longer alive the same.

I suppose its nice to have them and know a little more about who was responsible for me being brought into the world.

And of course on Monday its back down the Registrar's to register Mum's passing and hopefully no more doubts about why and how she passed away. As I keep saying I cannot change what has happened.

Remarkably, as one of my friends(VQ)posted a link to a charity that helps people facing bereavement, you'd think that they might be open at weekends especially during daytime/early evening hours.

Both Cruse and MacMillan Nurses are closed. In the case of Macmillan they are open more or less 8am-8pm Monday-Friday. Cruse when you call just says its closed and to call back again. It doesn't even tell you what times the helpline is open.

5 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

I'm sorry you had no luck with Cruse, Gildy. I imagine they rely on volunteers to man the phones.
But, yes, you would think they'd be available 24/7.

I know you're 'in the north' but don't know exactly where.
Some areas have a 'Dial and Ride' bus service which will collect you from your home to take you to local shopping areas. It might be worth enquiring whether there's one in your area.
Just entering 'Dial and Ride' into Google, together with the name of your town might, reap dividends.

28 April 2012 at 15:09  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Even 8am-8pm is not bad, funny how the service isn't accessable at weekends.

28 April 2012 at 17:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Oh Dear...I haven't eaten again...must go and make a sandwich and maybe have a can of soup.

I'll shave in the morning...

I'm going to bed to get warm, its a cold night.

I'll start tidying the house again tomorrow...I have signed to a n ew ISP, I hope that I can keep the internet going...otherwise all I have for entertainment is a radio...

I have knocked the telephone line rental down to £9.49 per month and saved approx £3.50 and the first 6 months of broadband is free. And still cheaper than the situation I am in now.

And I can switch to an even cheaper package anytime I wish. The cheapest would be 57p a day(for both)but for this year I have a top package for 54p a day because of the 6 months free broadband.

This package I have now would normally cost 75p daily.

But many other companies charge far more.

If it gets really difficult I'll just have to try and keep the phone line.

I think today access to a phone is a necessity.

It might be even be argued the internet is essential these days in many ways.

28 April 2012 at 22:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont forget to get 2 or 3 copies of the death certificate for things that may crop up.

I dont know if you have ever had a job? and if not you may not fancy one now, but there are jobs with a house of flat attached. Wardens for old people's flats for example.
Basically the warden just makes sure everything is ok,has a cup of tea with residents, listens to their concerns and books a plumber if something is leaking, stuff like that.Nothing too strenuous.

Maybe now is the time to think about where your talents are and if you can put them to good use in a rewarding experience for your new life.

28 April 2012 at 23:13  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Who knows what the future holds. I've done paid work and have done voluntary too...

But my health condition varies...I was on here earlier on and stayed a little too long and was so stiff and had difficulty walking about, if I did not have my walking stick with me at all times I'd really struggle.

Outside I struggle even using my stick.

I have sometimes taken a tumble too.

Sometimes, I can pay for even laying in bed. And I still cannot shake off this cough, cold and loss of voice. My immune system is a problem.

You just don't know how its going to be...the drugs I am on are so strong!

29 April 2012 at 01:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home