My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

As I Went To Bed...

I had a thought.
Don't know if/how I can do it...I'd like to place a single red rose on Mum's coffin just before the curtains close around it...

I'll have a word with the Funeral company when I go to see Mum in the Chapel Of Rest...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't you arranged for some flowers to be placed on the coffin by the undertaker when she leaves the chapel of rest?

29 April 2012 at 10:40  
Anonymous VQ said...

That's a lovely idea. I see no reason at all why that wouldn't be allowed.

29 April 2012 at 10:41  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks...
I had a dream, I seem to have had it for quite some time, no doubt if analised they could find a hidden meaning in it...

I seem to dream about being with Mum sometimes(on my own)and we are on holiday in our favourite resort of Bournemout.

And we never manage to get to see the beach and sea, it is always time to come home...

29 April 2012 at 10:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm arranging the buying of my flowers tomorrow, I can't decide whetehr to have a mixture or stick to simple Carnations which we both like. And whether to go for pink or white...I am leaning towards white.

I am also avoiding the usual one many seem to order at a funeral where it spells out Mum. Hope that's ok and even the funeral dirictor said that would not fit on the coffin.

Still not sure what I am going to write on the card that accompanies the flowers...

Probably something like "For Mum, I Will Always Love You, You Mean The World To Me From Your Loving Son. Anthony xx"

29 April 2012 at 11:19  
Anonymous VQ said...

Gildy, funeral flowers are amazingly expensive. Just remember that you don't HAVE to have a wreath.
A bunch of flowers is all that's necessary.
Whatever you decide will be right.

29 April 2012 at 12:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I think as I am buying them from a local florists I have the price down to approx £60, that's a saving of £30 on the price the Funeral Director was able to offer and he suggested trying a local florist.

29 April 2012 at 14:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I chose my own florist as well. But I was advised to do it by the funeral director.

29 April 2012 at 14:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home