My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Mum Is Now In The Chapel Of Rest...

I hope to see Mum later today and I hope to find those extra things to place in the coffin but I have a feeling I won't find what I am looking for, I thought of them too late but Mum will understand.

I may not manage to today as I have to get to a neighbouring town to obtain Mum's will and...see the vicar tonight at 5pm to arrange the service but if that happens I will go and see Mum in the morning.

It's tempting to go a few times but no when I see Mum I'll say a little prayer to myself for her and accept this will be the last time I see her. Again Mum isn't there anymore.

But out of respect its my way of saying goodbye.

The Funeral Director thinks that he has found all the music I chose for Mum but I'll have a look too(just in case)so its down to the vicar to approve and say we can have all of it played. And what order to play them...

He asked what I wanted playing at the crematorium and I just said something appropriate but if I can think of anything in good time I may, I suspect I'll leave that part to some quiet religious music and leave it to them.

So I am away now to see if I can get a bus as I have no idea where exactly I get the bus and the times...

The clothes I purchased for the funeral...the shirt fits reasonably well, I think the trousers too, I have found the shoes probably will be OK if I wear socks and put plasters on my heels to avoid them getting skinned, I thought they were brown but by luck they are black.

Unfortunately the sleeves of my jacket are still a little long after alteration and if my arms are straight down my hands get lost in them but it will have to do...and if I don't have my arms straight down, they'll be fine.

After Friday it will probably never be used again unless I have to attend another funeral and though it could happen they are likely because of a lack of family and friends to be few and far between.

1 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

I hope the day went as well for you as can be expected, Gildy.
For future reference, you can always look up bus timetables online so that you'll know in advance where the buses go and roughly what time they're expected. It could save you a lot of walking about.
In fact, you can find the answer to almost any question online. It's very useful for those of us who are less mobile.

1 May 2012 at 18:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home