My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, April 09, 2012

You Know They Might Still Get Me Out Of My House...

Not directly because of the changes in benefits as such but because heating a house rather than a bedsit is too expensive and a house is too cold to keep the central heating on.

When I came home last night, by the time I went to bed I was shivering and now as I rise and get ready to go and see Mum I am just as cold. I suspect its warmer outside. If it's like this in April..."What the hell is it going to be like when Winter returns?"

Whether I sleep or not, it does mean I spend a lot of time in bed when I return home.

Well must dash!

Need to go to the supermarket for some milk and basics. I'll see what else I can find for Mum.

8 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Look on the bright side...you don't need a fridge ;-)

9 April 2012 at 15:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I suspect an igloo would be warmer :-)

It was warmer walking around the supermarket than here and they have all the doors open and lots of freezer cabinets on all the time.

I was talking to the checkout girl(who asks after Mum and is very nice to me)she lives alone and she keeps her heating turned off too.

She said preople say, "You're working you can afford to keep your heating on 24/7" She can't!

9 April 2012 at 16:01  
Anonymous VQ said...

You're right, Gildy. It IS colder inside than out.
I went back to bed after lunch just to warm up.

9 April 2012 at 17:07  
Anonymous VQ said...

I have absolutely no experience of Slimfast myself but I once heard someone say that they give her diarrhoea so watch out, just in case.

9 April 2012 at 17:09  
Anonymous VQ said...

Oooops. That last comment was meant to be added to your latest blog!

9 April 2012 at 17:10  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Oh dear on both counts....

9 April 2012 at 17:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

See my latest comment on the next entry VQ...

The taxi driver said often it can be warmer outside than inside. It seems a little warmer tonight.

Even though its raining and quite nasty outside.

9 April 2012 at 23:41  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It gets worse doesn't it?

I've/we've been saying how difficult it is to afford putting the central heating on.

The early BBC daily buisness programme on Radio 5 reports today that the network that delivers gas to our homes has been allowed to deteriorate and needs bringing upto date.

Guess who is going to pay for the modernisation and see another increase in the prices?

Yes...us again and its seemingly going to be a consdierable amount we will be expected to pay.

So if we're struggling now...

I can understand why many people sit in a library if there is still one that hasn't been closed down or sit in a cafe drinking endless cups of tea...

10 April 2012 at 06:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home