My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Home And Ready For Bed I Suppose...

Mum had spent most of today in bed...

I don't know what she had eaten before I arrived but I managed a little bit of Egg custard tart, double yolk poached eggs, milk shake, a health drink, coffee with sugar and brandy, mousse(I reckon that's approx 1,000 calories)

 I think that being a Christian Nursing Home(possibly as its Easter)someone may come in and give a little service. I think they said they will get Mum up in the morning for a little while.

Having said that Mum was peaceful, pain free and comfortable and in a nice sleepy state. So I should not complain.

A wheelchair that has some kind of cover on it that turns it into a kind of armchair has been taken away from Mum(it was there from the first couple of days in the home...and today her table on wheels which we often placed things including her mp3 music player and speakers had disappeared too. I assume given to another person? Oh well...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask where they've gone, I'm sure they'll bring them back, they should have enough for everybody. Most nursing homes have regular church services ( if most of the inhabitants are Christians ! )

5 April 2012 at 23:57  
Anonymous VQ said...

Well, peaceful, pain-free and comfortable is pretty good.
I've been meaning to ask; Is you mum's mouth any better now, Gildy?

6 April 2012 at 01:31  
Anonymous VQ said...

Again I'm an 'R' missing.
Some time ago, I vacuumed by keyboard because it was full of crumbs.
It worked beautifully except that it sucked the R away.
After trawling through the dust, I found it, cleaned it and stuck it back on with Super Glue.
Now I have to push extra hard on the R but, sometimes, I forget. Tut.

6 April 2012 at 12:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Anon,
I may bring the missing furniture up with the home(I don't think it means anything sinister...I hope not)they had an ordinary basic wheelchair in her room.

VQ,
I think its improved but I'm not sure again how regularly they are giving Mum the medicine for the condition(I know I usually give a dose before I leave)

How many keyboards do I end up with a key that needs striking harder than the others?

Usually the problem for me is a couple of keys lose the letters from them and I have to remember what letter each is.

6 April 2012 at 14:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home