My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 06, 2012

How Morbid Is This?

I felt really guilty/bad doing this as Mum is still here but I popped into the local Co-op Funeral Directors to find out some details.

I was told to make a funeral plan could actually work out more expensive than paying at the time. I was told prices have just gone up in the last week or two.

Also, to consider having the funeral at the crematorium because most of Mum's friends relatives are no longer around so a Church service may be quite empty.

I dared to bring up the subject with Mum and she still wants a church service so whether there are few attending I'll follow her wishes. I also discovered though there are quite a few pieces of music Mum might like(Religious or songs that she liked)you can have only have one played at the Crematorium and at a Church service you are allowed two.

So I suspect the hymn will be "What A Friend We Have in Jesus" and the other song that Mum tends to sing a lot will be Doris Day's "Que Sera, Que Sera"

Its awful how many people of Mum's age I keep hearing they do/and can cure of or work around such a serious disease as Cancer and yet have they given up on Mum? Should we be fighting.

She has said herself why have they not offered the colostomy or talked about the possibility? Or as its a slow one are we still with in the window where she could still be able to have it. After all, by my reckoning officially we still have not reached the 6 months after the treatment in October I think we're in week 22.

On the other hand the home keep praising her for eating and trying to get her energy up and weight increased. If we did would they consider the possibility of trying something?

Early days, after all she's only been in the home 17 days...and if you include the time in hospital it's 24 days.

I think I've said before...unless I get into a relationship late in life(I don't see it happening)my savings will be so low and again like Mum so few people are around(family/friends)I'm not sure I will even bother arranging a funeral for myself. I'll let the authorities do it and if there's any money it can go towards what it costs. After all I won't be here.

I'll have gone to a better place or if there isn't anywhere, I won't know. After all my personal possessions will be dumped and won't mean anything to anyone. That's assuming I am still independent and living somewhere.

I may end up in a home needing care. Who knows? I won't have enough to pay for the care, the state will have to pay anyhow.

Enough...I'm away to get ready and see my lovely Mum!

By the way, after such a morbid post...

Happy Easter to everyone who reads my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home