My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Insurance...

You know, if money is tight if/when I live alone and I only have a little basic furniture such as a bed, my second hand computers, cooker, washer and an old sofa.

I am wondering whether its worth having insurance? I think our's costs quite a bit just for contents now and that's in Mum's name and we've never made a claim.

I'm not sure that I could afford it even if I wanted it.

If I had something valuable perhaps I can see the point but as I haven't, I don't.

These days most property has smoke alarms and windows that have a lock to avoid break ins. And fire and theft are probably the two things you insure against.

3 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Very true. I have my building insured but I've stopped insuring the contents.
Also, it's well worth shopping around.
Different insurance companies vary enormously

8 April 2012 at 13:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes, why are we insuring the contents, everything is getting old and I doubt I'll be replacing anything.

And no one will be interested in my possesions when I am no longer here which ever way that is(In a home or deceased. Sad but true...)

And if I am in social housing they insure their own buildings I believe.

8 April 2012 at 15:09  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Agree with VQ, but even without the contents definitely shop around. My mum saved HUNDREDS!

Happy Easter Gildy.

9 April 2012 at 08:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home