My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

When There Are No Rules...

Its hard to live by or introduce them. I don't know I quite often found that I was happy to go to bed anytime from 9pm-11pm, I suppose that I was happy to keep Mum company and we'd listen to the mp3 player with lovely music on it or a little radio.

But with Mum not here it seems strange going to bed early and yet I find myself staying up later, perhaps in time I'll get into some kind of regular pattern. At present I seem to be up until 3am and then go to bed, then sleep until late in the morning or until lunchtime.

In some ways I am fortunate that I can do that but I suppose there will be a time when I have to fit into hours many in society are expected to.

Its going to get hard...I've been revisiting the way the benefits system is being changed and many genuine people are going to be worried and caught up amongst those who probably could be seen as wasters.

The document is laughable as it says these changes "May" affect you...no, they will affect you if you get Housing Benefit, Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance, Working Tax Credit and Child Credit.

If you pay Council Tax but receive help now that is being reduced by 10%

Disability Living Allowance is being replaced and there will be tighter rules and the amount that you can obtain will reduce.

If you are of working age you will be charged £13 for each bedroom that are not used or needed.

Is it any wonder that many are worried.

People on benefits are not that well off(The media would have many believe likewise) many of these changes will affect people working too.

The problem is that housing stock is not enough and there are are not many properties that are smaller(and we all know that if you move into smaller property)it will continue to rise in price.

In my own area as there is house bidding taking place, people out of the area can apply for property but someone like me could end up anywhere including another town living in an area and with people I don't know.

That has already been attempted in the last few days in the London area and some people have been moved out to an area many miles away from the location that they know and love.

For many not much to look forward to...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To register a death you only need a form from the doctor who declared the death, he has to check for signs of life.Obviously you get this from hostpital if your Mum died there,and usually the hostpital has a bevereavement dept where you can pick this up.
You would only need ID for yourself if she had died at home and you were the main witness-but even then a registred DR has to be called to check the life signs.

25 April 2012 at 23:52  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds a possiblity, I'll have a ring around today. Thanks. I am going through the "Motions" doing things because I have to.

The news comes on and I could care less about they are on about.

All I ask is that I have enough to keep warm, eat and keep a roof over my head in a decent area. But as you have seen from the document I mention...

I'll have to pay for unused rooms, looks like I have to pay towards the Community Charge(suddenly)I may not be able to get the benefit I am on now as it is killed off, replaced, reduced and the criteria for getting it is changed. Just how much income(in work, not working)are you expected to have coming in to do the basics?

Its not just me, its many, many people.

26 April 2012 at 00:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Oh and though I need my meds to control my condition and keep me alive, I'll have to find the money for them.

So to try and save some money I'll have to try and get one of those cards where you pay a set amount a year and then no matter how many items you need you don't pay any more.

26 April 2012 at 00:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prepayment cards are easy to get, but you have to pay for it upfront. I had one for years.you can get them at your pharmacist for three months to a year at a time. The longer the time, the cheaper it works out. It depends how many different medicines you need in a month. It paid me to do it.

26 April 2012 at 08:02  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

As you may have seen I have ordered one and used it for the first time tonight for a repeat prescription. The certificate cost £104(what's that £2 per week)otherwise I'd have had to find approx £40. Over the year that's £480 saving £376. Hope that I can always find that cash.

26 April 2012 at 18:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home