My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mum's Not Coming Back!

Having to identify Mum's body brings that home. It was a bit of a shock and I did cry a little but she wasn't much different to when I saw her on Sunday when she passed away. Its not nice though. To think we shared so much together and she brought me into this world.

It was a bit of a shock and I did cry a little but she wasn't much different to when I saw her on Sunday when she passed away. Its not nice though. To think we shared so much together and she brought me into this world. Still gave her a kiss and touched her forehead.


It would appear that they can still arrange the funeral whilst waiting for the post mortem but I had to agree to the possibility of tissue samples being taken and if not(with the provision they promise to destroy them after they been examined)the funeral could've been delayed by months. I don't want that for Mum so I gave permission as they did say that they will cremate them.

Again Mum's not there any more, what made Mum who she was is no longer there, whether that is seen as her soul. And when Mum is cremated what use would she have for those tiny samples?

1 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

You've been very brave, Gildy.
Not just today but for months.
Your dear mum will always be with you in your memories.
Wherever she is, she is at rest and pain free, which is what we would all wish for her.

I feel privileged to have known you through these pages.

24 April 2012 at 17:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home