My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Everyone Has To Get Used To The Following...

I know that I'm not alone but when it's my Birthday at the end of May it will be the first time I will not have had a card from Mum. To be honest I'm not expecting any cards to drop on the mat.

Equally, it will strange not buying a card for Mum on her Birthday and oh, when Mother's Day comes around...

But I'll get used to it I am sure.

I was as close to my Father but I suppose the fact that he passed away twenty eight years ago really does show that you do come to terms with such a situation, of course the difference then was that you had someone still to offer support, we were there for each other, this time I am alone.

The other day I posted images of my lovely Mum(but said I was still trying to maintain some anonymity for my blog but its quite possible someone will recognise Mum)Some who post comments here do know my identity but I am going to go a little further and give a name to my Mum instead of her being totally anonymous...Her name was Kathleen.

I had lovely sympathy card today with some genuine words really meant about Mum...
If only she could see and hear what people thought of her.

One quote:"She was a lovely lady, we loved her"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first year seems to be the hardest, Gildy. First birthday, first Mother's Day, first Christmas.

After that, it's still hard, but not as hard as the firsts. I think you just start getting used to the pain little by little.

I've been told the general advice is don't make any major decisions for a year if you can help it. I think it's wise, as it takes at least that long for the numbness to start wearing off.

All though I never met her, I can tell your Mum, Kathleen, was a lovely lady simply by the son she raised. That doesn't happen by accident and you're a credit to both your parents.

Jan

25 April 2012 at 03:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home