My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, April 09, 2012

More Stuff To Try And Help Mum...

I have bought some of those powders similar to Slim Fast. I think they could be a great idea...I have a tub of cafe latté, vanilla, banana and strawberry and I can add them to whole milk. Wish I thought of them sooner. Most say they can replace a meal and the average calorific value per drink is 200 calories.

They seem to have lots of vitamin content too.

I always thought of them being for slimmers who are trying to avoid putting on weight and avoiding meals but I see that they could be a great way of building up someone who is off their food or ill as a supplement...

Wish that I had considered them sooner.

2 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

My son used to take those Slim Fast drinks to work with him Anthony. He was not trying to lose weight, but as he left so early in the morning he could not eat and they helped him get something down.

Unfortunately I was allergic to some of the sweeteners in them and blew up like a balloon. Hope your Mum likes them. As you say, with whole milk they will help build your Mum up. I think they come to about 200 cals with skim milk so they should have even more calories with the whole.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but Waitrose do a drink called Oatly, I like the chocolate flavour one and that is supposed to be very nutritious.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Carol :)

9 April 2012 at 22:39  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Carol,
I have looked at the container and the Tesco version seems to free of almost anything artificial.

If used sensibly I can see nothing to suppose that it may cause problems.

I went onto the Slim Fast site and there seems few things to worry over so I suspect this version will be ok. But it never does any harm to check and be cautious.

I could imagine possibly if money was tight myself doing without one meal and substituting one of these drinks instead. 12 drinks in one can for £3.85.

And then if you having that on top of the other meals rather than instead of...

The list of vitamins and minerals is as long/similar to what's in Complan. The only advantage is that Complan has more calorific content.

Not much more. And Complan is more expensive and doesn't make as much.

Did I say elsewhere? I purchased a can of Strawberry, Cafe Latté, Vanilla and Banana.

Mum thinks she's put a few lbs on(arms are still thin)but I think they are increasing in weight. Mum tends to put it on her legs and waist first.

She was quite bright but her bottom was sore tonight(understandable why)

She said she was homesick tonight and that she cried last night :-(

I was late but they waited for me and in the end gave Mum something for tea(I forget what)but they said she had eaten quite a bit. :-)

I tried to save some time by shopping in the supermarket when I came away tonight but it closed at 6pm(Easter Monday)so I'll have to go in the morning, I will be out anyhow dropping in another prescription for items I forgot about last week and I want some more of those Double Yolk Eggs.

9 April 2012 at 23:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home