My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Went To Bed At 10pm...

and dozed but I awoke and my first thought was Mum and her Post Mortem today :-(

I'll try and go back to bed, I've just had a few cheese and biscuits and I am about to have a mug of tea...

I have LBC on and a phone in, I can just about manage that and if I can't sleep so be it. I'm not really interested as I might have been but its a voice in the background, hope I'm not annoying my neighbour.

Today I am starting to tidy my house, for Mum...for me.

If I had to move I'd have it tidy and get rid of a lot of stuff(rubbish and items that would not fit into another property)I don't plan to rush into any decisions yet(and hope that I have at least a year before I need to worry about any thing that could affect me)

And if any relative wants a cup of tea on the day of the funeral I want it to be reasonably tidy even if the carpets and furnishings are old and seen better days. I cannot afford nor will I waste what money I have to try and replace items. Its just me and again, if I do and suddenly find I'm on the move its a waste.

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Best wishes Gildy. Not much else to say.

26 April 2012 at 10:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a very negative attitude to life.......even before this. Your glass is never half full, it's always half empty!

26 April 2012 at 11:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GS. Sorry to hear about your mother's demise. We all miss those nearest and dearest to us, when they go. However, we must let go and then get on with whatever time we have left.
I don't know anything about you but am interested to know what work you did before mum became ill.

Nick

26 April 2012 at 15:41  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks David and Nick,
I worked mainly in retail...

My glass has been full(Not just half full)for over 50 years and I have been part of a loving and close family. I have had a positive attitude most of my life.

I know that I have been fortunate and many others are not. But things are really difficult now and I doubt anyone could feel positive at this time.

I have been told how difficult my finances will be and I will have to be very frugal and then some.

That still may not be enough.

I'll get a little help if I can shed £2,000(That should not take long paying normal bills)but any help will be small and I'll have to lose £6,000 - £8,000 to really manage.

No wonder people hide money under the mattress, avoid banks and are dishonest.

And no, I am not deliberately trying to diverse myself of any money I come into, just normal daily bills will do that especially if you pay electric, gas, food, possibly a telephone. And rent and community charges.

Many in work/retired are struggling too. So no I am just thinking of myself.

I'd find it hard to find anyone truly happy at this time in our country's situation.

Mum was protected to some extent because she was retired, I was because I was able to look after her and if circumstances changed I could've officially become a carer.

We helped each other emotionally and financially, now I am alone and the threshold for anyone regarding savings in the bank whatever their circumstances is too low these days and it should be raised to perhaps £20,000+

I cannot get any financial advice from the CAB until May 8th and that's quite some time to wait.

Many are worried with good reason.

26 April 2012 at 17:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home