My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 13, 2012

I Hope That Mum Will Be Alright Tonight...

perhaps I should have stayed...they did not rush me away but I was there until almost Midnight.

When I left Mum she was calm, sleeping soundly and not in pain but the Nurse is concerned about her and if she'll be ok so checked that they have a phone number for me...

Mum had a reasonable night with me and ate/ drank reasonably well...they've given Mum a new mattress worth £1,400 too the pump on the previous air mattress stopped working as it should and was noisy. This one has no pump.

But just as I was about to leave, Mum was sick(not much)a friend who is a nurse said it could be acid reflux through being in bed a lot or...morphine can cause it!

Mum managed a Hovis digestive biscuit and a small drink of tea before I left her.

I hope to see her tomorrow...all I keep hearing is that Mum is not a "Well Woman!" But we'll just have to see...

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Well, let's hope for the best, Gildy.
As we've said before, take one day at a time.
It's good that your mum was calm, sleeping soundly and not in pain.
And a digestive biscuit sounds a bit more solid than a lot of the food she's had recently.
'The Home' seems to be pretty reasonable about letting you stay so long.
I hope you managed to sleep.

14 April 2012 at 08:21  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well, the Nurse checked if they had a phone number for me in case they had to call me, thankfully last night was not "the night"

I have a head cold and I'm a bit concerned about giving it to Mum(but I think I have had it coming on for a few days)so I doubt it will make any difference now.

And as time is precious and if I stayed away she'd suffer emotionally I guess I better still pop in and see her.

Time is tight again...so I'll get myself together and try and get away...

Thanks for your thoughts VQ...

14 April 2012 at 13:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home