My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 01, 2012

As I Head Off To Bed...

Mum was not in pain most of the day, warm and comfortable and holding my hand a lot of the time. I arrived later than planned, what's new, but we listened to the radio.

Mum had a milk shake, celery soup, coffee with whole milk and a little brandy and a kind of white chocolate/strawberry mousse in cream, I reckon that's around 860 calories...

But she was in considerable pain as I left her and needed some Orimorph(which she dislikes having to take)

I do hope she manages to have a decent night's sleep. Difficult when they keep turning you every two hours and checking if you need changing every 4-6 hours. Here Mum never had to be turned and keeping her skin in good condition was done simply with moisturising cream. They don't do that in the home. And I did not need to change Mum as often either. I don't think that side of things has changed.

I started giving Mum her vitamins again today(including the Cod Liver)garlic, cranberry and one that is the equivelent of eating 6 ripe tomatoes.

I left the mp3 player on as I came home. I have been told they leave Mum's music on through the night(as we did at home)

They have to have a break but as I came home all the staff seemed to be in a kind of conservatory that's attached to the home and having a smoke...It's kind of funny as one looks like Jo Brand and you kind of think of that comedy series she did about caring for people. I hope its not like that when visitors go home.

Feeling a bit melancholic I must admit, I have all the lovely music of David Jacobs programme playing on the radio until midnight but I am thinking of how Mum and I listened together and yet I must not stop listening and cutting myself off from doing so. And the music collection I have on my computers and CD's. I could switch and probably will to the speech output of Radio 5 at Midnight but nothing in the news seems to be of any importance or interest. I suppose its a voice instead of just silence.

I have my tests coming up again on Tuesday for my medical condition(I hope that all will be well)and I know at some point I will have to spend time in hospital having an operation and that I will be facing it alone when the time comes. The two are not connected.

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

I'm having probs making my comments stick to your blog, Gildy.
You haven't been abandoned!

2 April 2012 at 12:38  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Sorry about that VQ...thanks for your continued support and interest.

I messed about on here after saying I was going to bed and when I looked at the clock it was after 4am at which point I did go and managed to get some sleep.

2 April 2012 at 13:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home