My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Great...

I have virtually lost my voice...so if anyone needs to arrange anything by phone it may get to the point where I cannot talk and by heard. :-(

I'm seeing a Dr at around 5pm later on...Hope its nothing serious.

This PC keeps disconnecting from the net so I hope that's not a serious problem there.

I have had to purchase a certificate to get my monthly prescription cheaper(£104)no choice as I have to pay for them now having come into Mum's savings soon(not that they are a lot and it hopefully won't take long to get them for free again)

Now I have had a call from the Coroner to inform me that Mum's Post Mortem has been called off as the Pathologist has had a car accident and they'll have to call another one in and do it tomorrow now. I have to believe them but if I was cynical I could wonder if one wasn't available or they're so busy Mum has been moved from today.

Its just one thing after another...

One piece of good news the Registrar is going to contact me when the information comes through and I don't need to offer any ID for Mum...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect loosing your voice is stress Gildy, & having to talk more than you usually do.

I'm sure they wouldn't delay your Mum's PM unless there was a genuine reason.

26 April 2012 at 11:13  
Anonymous VQ said...

I don't understand why you have had to pay for your prescriptions if you haven't had to in the past.
Financially, your position hasn't changed.
That will only happen when your mum's affairs have been finalised.
Slow down, Gildy.
Hope you get your voice back soon.

26 April 2012 at 12:01  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If I don't get my voice back it doesn't matter too much...no one to talk to :-)

The Dr says he can't understand why I can't have my prescription for free either but it's right...if you have Diabetes or Cancer...you do.

If you are really low income wise you do but I have to pay now as Mum's savings have pushed me over the edge.

Of course if you move to Scotland/Wales you don't pay!

26 April 2012 at 17:59  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Anon, the only good thing is that the Dr checked my chest and its all clear! All that can help my voice is resting it and/or he suggested steam inhalation.

26 April 2012 at 18:00  
Anonymous VQ said...

Steam inhalation is a good idea, Gildy.

As for prescriptions, your mum's savings may take you over the limit but you haven't got her savings yet.
That will take time. If you were not paying for prescriptions last week, you don't need to pay this week either.

26 April 2012 at 18:23  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Oh well, I have, never mind...I don't think it will take long to come into them.

Get this...my housing association say that I have to pay as much of my rent as I can even though everything is tied up and there is no money coming in...

26 April 2012 at 20:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home