My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Have We Given In?

You do have to accept to some extent expert advice given by consultants but both times Mum has been to hospital for the check on her progress, we have never seen the actual consultant but a member(a Dr I'll grant you)who is a radio therapist and I assume part of his team but when they still say its a slow cancer and should Mum get strong again and built up(clutching at straws)she could be offered a colostomy(I doubt Mum will be here that long or survive such a major operation)but you don't know. Problem is that cancer will continue to grow and that tumour will continue to increase in size.

When they say Radio Therapy won't work again other than stop bleeding...and Mum has not been put through any more scans...have we given in too easily?

Would RT still make a difference, should we have said please give it another try?

I do wonder if the consultant might've said something different.

Mum's had more pain lately from the thrush in her mouth(well, they say that's what it is)I hope its not something else. She says if that was corrected she would eat and drink more but so far the drug given to improve it has not worked even though she's been on it 10 days but in hospital I don't think was given regularly enough or correctly.

I understand that she can have an alternative course of tablets that may be more successful(I hope)trouble is whilst we wait for that to improve, if she doesn't eat in the meantime, she'll become weaker.

Perhaps that's going to happen sooner than later anyhow and Mum's time really is limited anyhow but where's there's life, there's hope.

I received a phone call yesterday, it seems a Dr has been calling and could not understand after Mum's discharge from hospital why he was not getting an answer here. They had not been informed that Mum was in a care home.

With the latest news story about aspirin(again probably too late)stopping/slowing down certain cancer altogether or revesing cancers, you wonder if its worth giving it to Mum as the story suggests it can reverse cancer that has developed already. What has Mum to lose?

They are calling a Dr in on Monday to give Mum the once over and perhaps discuss the treatment/drugs Mum is being given.

One slightly funny story...I was told Mum had tried to eat some chocolate when no one was around and some of it had melted over her hands so when they came in to check her, she and some of her bedding was covered in it. And at first they wondered what she had been doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home