My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm Late, I'm Late For A Very Important Date...

I was running late to get to the hospital to see Mum and cursing the fact. I was in the process of making the call to get a taxi, the home phone goes and I think "Oh no!"

I answer. The Social Worker tells me that Mum is coming over to the care home this afternoon and if I go through I may miss her. But to give the hospital a call and see what the situation is(after all I don't mind still going through)

I've been told that they are just waiting for the ambulance so its a waste of time.

I've been in touch with the home and they've taken my number and they're going to phone me when she's in her room and settled in.

So things have changed a little, I do hope for the best. But a few seconds later and I'd have been on my way...

3 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

I'm usually in bed, with a book, by 9pm but I've waited up in the hope of hearing some good news from you.
It's almost 11pm now and I'm hoping that no news is good news.
I'll have to wait until the morning.
Fingers crossed!

20 March 2012 at 22:59  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Just missed you :-(

Mum is still brighter...and I hear that she had some sandwiches and tea at the home when she arrived.

She can have her music on and as long as she wishes...

Its not home but its better than the hospital and the staff seem to be friendly/nice.

I can stay for ages but I left around 10.30pm as unknown to me they have amongst her meds, a nightly sleeping tablet.

To think I had weaned Mum off those...oh well! If they help her have a restful night its fine.

I think some her clothes have been left at the hosptial when she transfered here.

I'll have to see what I can find at home that she can wear.

I took in her night dresses(one has shrunk slightly)and a few bits and pieces.

The room is quite basic and is probably more like a box room and some of the space is lost because of the toilet and sink.

She would like to be home but has accepted where she is and is happier.

Its not too difficult to get to but its a bit further away than I thought it was and a taxi costs £5 each way. So when I go I'll stay so I only make two trips daily.

A week of going to the hospital is £180(the home its £70)that's quite different. If I can get a bus one way that may save a bit more. But I'll do it...Mum's worth it!

20 March 2012 at 23:19  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Glad that the arrangements are a bit easier and your Mum is feeling more content Anthony.

Will check in again later.

C :o)

21 March 2012 at 09:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home