My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I Cannot Believe That Amongst All What Is Happening To Mum...

I can to some extent say that I have heard some of the latest news and the budget seems to have caused more problems than usual and where most people in the past have mumbled under their breaths about what is brought in each year...whether its claimed that the country is broken and drastic steps are needed from what I heard and picked up so many people are going to be hurting right from the sick through to the elderly.

I say elderly because we used to use the term OAP(Old Age Pensioner)when a woman was 60 and a man 65 but these days that is not really a fair term and in many cases life goes on for years and though medical science has increased our allotted time for various reasons often people have conditions that restrict what they can do and that is often due to the jobs they have held so they are paying for working hard.

Then as the age you are able to claim a State pension is pushed further back, you may never get it "They hope!" and you'll again still only have it for approx the same amount of time you might've originally. I see so many people saying as they always do "I'm never voting Conservative again!""I'm not voting Lib Dem again!" Well, what are going to do? What's your alternative?

The Labour party won't be able to change things. Who is left. And when the last election happened the country had the chance to vote that party in again and didn't! And so many have criticised Labour for where we are(probably it did have something to do with where this country is)but we did have a global problem and events were much, much larger than just our own country's problems. And I wonder if things would have been much different under any party.

Well, guess what...it's no better now. And we must not forget that the party in power did not have enough support so it did not really win and had to be propped up by the Lib Dems. I don't know enough about all the politics going on and policies(I suspect they just move the same money around and this time they hurt some and the next time someone else)but the last Government it was said that the pensions of many were raided and many in the population never forgot.

This Government has done something similar and whether you call it a cut or a freeze, pensioners will have to tighten their belts further, this time it isn't pensions you save into as you work for when you retire, its those who depend on a State pension. It might not be so bad if it wasn't that energy and food prices keep rising. I have no answers(I suspect those in power are struggling too)but generally you'll never see a poor politician many are millionaires.

Not knowing what my own finances will be like, I am watching the pennies and though I have had the heating on for a couple of hours at 10pm and 4am. I awoke and even with two thick blankets on I was cold and now at lunchtime my house is so cold I have put it on again and can feel no benefit. Is this what I have to look forward to in the 21st century? When Mum was here everyone said how lovely and warm this house was. How lucky we were for all those years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home