My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Cold Hard Facts Hit You Between The Eyes...

The Social Worker phones today and asks "Am I happy that Mum is where she is" "Was I given any choice here Mum was placed" "Could I cope if Mum came Home" "Do I want Mum home" etc...Well the home is better than the hospital...Mum is happier there than in hospital though she would love to come home and still clings to that hope.
I know I could cope and I know care would be available here so that still goes through my mind but if I did that, we lose that bed in what seems to be a home with a high reputation of care. When its gone...its gone!

And then of course the Social Worker says "Mum is not a well lady and though no time limit has been put on her, her needs are more complicated now and yes her time is limited." And there's Mum saying she hopes that she'll get better...It's heartbreaking. I guess I knew that more than ever when they offered the care for free, they don't do that lightly. So our time together looks as though its not as much as I had hoped.

At home I'd be there 24/7 I probably could do that at the home but its more likely the best I could do to be fair is 12 hours.

The home is Mum's side room.

So I'm going to stay with her as much as I can. I'll start to get ready now. And see what today brings...

Update:Running late, so much for the idea of being with Mum for no later than 2pm.

The news is that they managed to have Mum sitting in the lounge this morning. And I have been out to buy a little radio and it allows me to play the mp3 through it and I now have a charger so I can charge the mp3 player without having to depend on the computer back at home. So Mum can have her music 24/7. Its a mono DAB radio but it also has AM/FM on it.

But with this charger I can also charge up the separate stereo speakers I had at home so she she can still have stereo sound for the mp3 player.

I'm preparing a meal and some flasks to take up for Mum and/or me. I'll have something to listen to whilst there too and not sit in silence.

I've been trying to get some clothes together for Mum...

Whilst getting ready the home phone has gone twice and I've thought "Oh Dear!" and both have been trying to get me to insulate the house. I hate cold calling at the best of times but in our circumstances.

See you later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home