My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Virgin Mobile...

I still prefer landlines to mobile phones but my mobile is handy in some instances such as phoning Mum's brother in the States to tell him how she is...Today is not good and I thought I might have to give bad news or prepare him for some...


I know things go wrong and I try to be understanding but I have tried for three hours to top up my account with a credit card and it takes me through the whole process before telling me the transaction has failed and there are technical problems.

When I talked to a real person they could not take payments and said try again...tomorrow!

Great service...not!

6 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Ugghhh. That's so frustrating and I think other phone companies are just as bad. Is your uncle not online?
I expect he already knows what the situation is and is half-expecting 'that' call.

Try not to worry about it too much, Gildy. You've got enough on your plate already.

8 March 2012 at 20:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

VQ,
I thought the worse, I have to admit but I had a period like that late last year or earlier this one.

I have not been around anyone at the end of their lives so not sure what to expect.

She's rallied around though and says she feels more herself.

And again unless there are surprises when we go to the hospital, carers and the District Nurse service have been quite positive, even when they visited earlier today.

I think pain makes her restless and troubled. For now the painkillers are working. She's eating and drinking too.

Pain dibilitates. It probably will make little difference but she's determined to do some exercises again over coming days to see if we can build up some muscle strength and we know that will take time.

Then again movement will help mobility and ciculation.

Virgin Mobile can get on with it...

8 March 2012 at 21:32  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Whilst Mum was dozing and I was keeping an eye on her and was laid down closeby, just before the mp3 player's battery needed charging two songs played out and oh they are so touching, how they are sung, the arrangements and the lyrics...they get me every time...
Make Someone Happy by Jimmy Durante and The Folks Who Live on The Hill by Peggy Lee.

I do hope that I can continue to listen to all the wonderful music we have shared and can take comfort in it and not find that I am unable to continue to get pleasure from it.

8 March 2012 at 22:04  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Virgin Mobile almost redeemed themselves, I do try to be understanding, I gave it another try around 11pm and it worked! So I did not have to wait until today. I don't know how long the problem had existed before I was affected of course.

9 March 2012 at 17:20  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Anthony,

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I have not had time to read your blog this week so will catch up when I have a quiet moment.

All this walking is making me tired!

Carol X

PS Hope you are well.

9 March 2012 at 22:27  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Been thinking about you too...I'm doing ok I suppos but I have not posted so much this week. Been a bit quiet.

The last day or two have been a bit scarey and I was concerned by Mum's behaviour but dare I say things have settled down a little.

I guess this is how it will be. Then again, we'll have to see how things paly out after our visit to the hospital on Wednesday.

9 March 2012 at 22:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home