My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I Cannot Lie...

today is a nightmare...Mum is sleeping most of the time(but considering how restless her night was)I'm not surprised. Its good for both of us. Too much information? I've had two major situations of needing to really clean up after her. I'll say no more. And yet as said in an earlier comment between both incidents, the District Nurse called(not seen this one before)and she commented how "With it!" Mum is and how good condition her skin is and yes, considering she has a tumour, how well that is going on. And how well I am caring for her.

Most of the day Mum has been pain pain free(That's good)

However, whether its because Mum is so sleepy(or its the dementia)she's been calling out for her Mum, her sister and keeps saying she wants to go home. I'm keeping an eye on her to see if it could be a water infection as that can give similar symptoms. It is heartbreaking.

Then again, with a decent sleep perhaps the rest will improve matters.

I did get a yogurt into her(255 calories)I am about to try and get another Complan into her(400 calories)and we've still the rest of the day head of us.

I guess hiccups like this will happen. I hope its a hiccup...

I hope that she's well enough for me to get her downstairs and out the door for her hospital appointment next Tuesday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

I hope so too, Gildy.
The DN confirms what we all know - that your mum is being extremely well cared for. Whatever happens in the future, there can be no doubt about that. I just wish there was more support for you.
Your mum is in her own little World but it's you that I feel for the most. My very best wishes to both of you.

6 March 2012 at 18:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I shouldn't bring it to her attention but I tried to see if she had any idea what had been going on and she thinks she's been having a good sleep. And doesn't know. The sleep is calm and if that agian means the end so be it.

But again no one has said(So far)Mum only has a certain time ahead and people do live with Bowel Cancer sometimes for years.

Dementia can also go at a slow rate so again that can only be taken a day at a time.

The carer visits people still living at home who have dementia and have not been placed in a home.

Some cancers can be controlled/stablised(The mechanic that used to repair my car is now 80 years old...has Prostate Cancer and again they say he'll probably go of something else)

But I must get food and especially drink into her to give her a chance.

She's actually been quite assertive over the last few minutes telling me "She wants nothing to eat!" But I must try.

Think I'll go for Cream of Chicken soup. The "Jewish" Penicillin so its called.

Possibly, ice cream or custard and sponge pudding later.

Got to get something into Mum.

Even if its small portions and anything that has calorific value.

DN says just get into Mum what you can...

Who turned on the word veriation thingymebob...nice idea but it can be difficult to read the words...I'll see if I can turn it off!

I'm not keen on the changes that have been made to the blog. And that includes how I write my posts. It also takes longer to load...

6 March 2012 at 19:45  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Soon after leaving the last comment, Mum asked for the soup, she's had some Apple Juice and another Complan :-)

And she's actually sitting up which she has not done for quite some time.

She seems reasonably with it too...

I'll get that ice cream too...

6 March 2012 at 22:42  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

To confirm, this is probably how things will go, good and bad...and its still ok at this late hour.

7 March 2012 at 01:15  
Anonymous VQ said...

Glad to hear that your mum has decided to eat and is taking an interest.
I do hope you are getting your sleep.
You are just as important as your mum, you know!

7 March 2012 at 09:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home