My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

A New Day And To Some Extent For Many Of Us...

A frightening future ahead. Ever wish you had reached retirement age and would be left alone?

The Welfare Bill went through The House Of Lords last evening(another story for Leap Year's Day)Hey I have reached number three...One I'd rather had not happened.

It will affect just about every person in the country working/not working at some point...the ill and probably a few elderly too...

I don't think that I can make a stronger case against the new bill than the link further down this post but nothing can be changed whilst our present Government is power and I doubt much can done if another party comes into power as they all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

We need political party/movement that will offer a manifesto leaning more towards social justice and care for the population. It does not necessarily mean that you have to take away a person's right to take care of themselves and avoid "State Intervention" which many in the US hate(Look at the carry on when President Obama tried to change the system to try and help more people get health care)

But the Labour party born out of the way the worker was treated and exploited by those who were "Well Off" has lost its way and forgotten what its roots were(that doesn't mean that you should not adapt)but its now so way off the mark, we need a new replacement, a kind of second coming.

Its not going to change things if Labour is re-elected. And the other two parties the Lib Dems and Conservatives are virtually the same as they were before the Labour party was invented.

Back then they were known as the Whigs and Tories. Approx 100 years on and we are almost in the same situation...talk about history repeating itself...

So I'll just link to Sue Marsh and her website...

Post About Pooh!

Pity the other political parties had not made more of a fight against this bill as they are trying to do with the Health Bill and changes to the NHS.

I've added some links to explain what the political parties are(they show where we are now)but I have done so in the hope if anyone outside the UK is reading this blog it will give an idea of our political system and its especially important to look at the history rather than where we are now. I hope the information is unbiased I haven't had chance to check it as closely as I'd like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home