My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, March 26, 2012

A Quick Update...Sorry About The Lack Of Posts...

Mum did not eat as much as I hoped(she would not touch my mashed potato and chicken)Mum did drink a small amount of tea, Vanilla custard,they brought what looked like Complan in(and Mum had some of that) but it might've been a milkshake(some Mum did not get my Complan which is very highly thought of and is high in vitamins and minerals)so I hope she'll have some today. Mum did have half a can of cream of chicken soup. Today, I am taking Cream of Tomao soup with a hint of Basil. Mum said she would try to eat that.

No one even called in around teatime yesterday to even ask if Mum wanted any food(she probably would have said "No!" but its good to be asked.

Mum had slept well.

McMillan Nurses promised me some booklets suggesting ways to give Mum food to help build her up but they still have not arrived.

Mum seemed to have a good day and she said that she felt better than the previous day. She had been in the lounge earlier but I am unsure for how long. I gave Mum her meds in the evening. I left her mp3 player on quietly. And it was a virtually pain free day...

We had another song played on the radio and listened to Mum's favourite Sunday music show together...I'd privately texted the presenter to thank him for the previous requests and explained a little of what was happening. He said a nice introduction before and after, chose a nice piece of music(I'd not heard before)by Frankie Laine, the lyrics had a lot of mentioning of caring for someone and seeing they come to no harm and after saying my dedication, he added I was wishing Mum a speedy recovery and he said that came from him too.

A young nurse who was working at the home is having a bowel operation tomorrow, she said Bowel Cancer is one of the slowest cancers but one of the worst for pain. She said that we must not give up hope and if Mum could get strong enough she says the quality of life from having a colostomy(and if we assume Mum could survive the op)and they could take away the diseased part of Mum's bowl she couldbe here for quite some time and...have quality of life. And they have not mentioned that since being in hospital so maybe they are ruling that out altogether now. Or could it be an option still. I suppose it depends on Mum's progress.

But we've got to walk before we run and that may be wishful thinking and again clutching at straws.

Mum was afraid again and wanted me to stay over, sadly I am not allowed(I suspect if Mum was seen as being close to death, that rule would be waived)Oh how I hate to write that!

I did manage almost seven hours with her and today I hope to increase that to eight hours. So I'll have to be away quite soon.

We are sad about one thing...Mum had a very unusual wooden cross that meant a lot to her(someone had brought it to church and seeked Mum out and kept it specially for her)and Mum told me to keep it as a keepsake to remember her by and between the hospital and the care home it has been lost.

We can do nothing about that.

Speak Soon...

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Oh Gildy. What a shame about the cross. It may turn up yet.
Good to hear that your mum had a not-too-bad day and managed some chicken soup.

Hope you didn't think I was bullying you into blogging. I was wondering what was happening.

26 March 2012 at 13:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

No, I don't think that at all VQ and its wonderful that you want to know what's happening, Thank you.

I have added a little more to the post...

I'm running late again but am almost ready just getting a quick shave and making a flask of tea. May try and make a quick chicken sandwich, then I'll get the taxi.

I hope Mum is as well as she was when I go today, you never know until you arrive. She's so thin...

I did put some make up and lipstick, Moisturiser cream, perfume on Mum yesterday.

26 March 2012 at 14:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home