My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mum Is Still Here...

I mustn't write her off even though what I see with my eyes tell me otherwise and with what the medical staff say. I hate writing that and feel awful saying it, I want a miracle but that's clutching at straws and I don't want Mum to suffer.

I did get some sleep but I have had to get up. My stomach is churned up. I may feel different later but when the sad time arrives I have decided and in time things may change to generally tidy the place up, I'm not bothered as such about decorating, I can see no point changes carpets even if they are old(just in case I am forced to move)or I decide to. That's just added expense.

I'm not going to be entertaining, its just me...I am still thinking for the amount of TV I watch of just letting the TV license lapse and so there seems little if any point investing in a new TV or subscribing still to Sky.

I am also going to look into how things are regarding watching TV on the PC via the Internet as though things will change because they'll make it you need a license to watch probably in the future, I believe at present that you can view TV for free.
If the licence cannot be extended to take in TV what will probably happen in some cases is you'll pay to watch certain programmes or pay to download.

I don't really sit in the lounge so I see no point getting rid of the old sofa and chairs nor investing in a new suite. I think in some ways I'll just close up some rooms and it may seem wasteful I'll live in my bedroom where my computers and radio are, I have my bed. So the two rooms that will be used most are the kitchen and my bedroom.

I don't nor need many clothes, I wear mainly short sleeved shirts and trousers. I don't need many coats...trainers are as good as anything for me.

The airing cupboard and a wardrobe in Mum's room has her clothes, I could go through them and give the clothes to charity of get rid of them(I hate saying that)but if I do either that wardrobe is just an empty piece of furniture so it may seem morbid I may just leave all Mum's clothes in it. Its not as though I am going to keep opening the doors and feeling and looking at the clothes either.

I'll keep the furniture and ornaments and few photo's that are around(not many)I won't be buying any more, there is no point. I don't need anything that is superficial. If fortunate I may buy the odd CD(If I can afford it)otherwise all I need is warmth and food.

I don't think I need the washer/tumble dryer any more but they're not doing any harm if left there.

Hopefully I can make the cooker and microwave last years...for the amount of use they'll get from me.

One day I may crave company be it because I get involved in some kind of volunteering with a charity etc...or I find love with someone special. Otherwise, it really will a case of waiting for my turn to leave this world. Whether I can remain independent or I end up in care or in a home(heaven forbid)I have to assume that I am around for a fair time yet but none of us know.

I may feel different as time passes by but I cannot see any point rushing things.

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

One thing at a time, Gildy.
When the time comes, you will find it easier if you make a list of things to be done and then tick them off as you do them. That way, you won't have it all going round in your head.

My main concern for you, in the months to come, is that you have some company. I think volunteering to help out for a day or two each week in a charity shop would be a very good idea. You would be getting out and meeting people.

Or perhaps there are local clubs that you could join - a music club, maybe. Your library will have lists. But all that can wait for now.

You are doing well to get your mum to take as much as she did yesterday. As you said before, take one day at a time.

18 March 2012 at 11:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gildy, can I just say, it's not a good idea to close rooms off with no heating in them. If you turn the radiators off, at least leave the doors ajar , otherwise the rooms will get damp.
Also although you may not use your washer drier now, in years ahead, you may be glad of it.

Try not to let your brain race ahead, make lists !

18 March 2012 at 12:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home