My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Another day...

And I'm trying to be positive but my stomach is churning and all kinds of thoughts are running through my head.


The only good thing is that I phoned the hospital a few minutes ago and "they" say that she had a comfortable night. However, long Mum has that's all I'll ever want for her...to be pain free and able to rest.

I'll visit this afternoon and hope that there is an improvement(and stay for both visits)and take a few things a long that I hope she'll eat/drink)but sadly I'm not there to see what happens at meal times. I can guess.

So the soup I take in may be very welcome.

The worst part is the gap between visiting hours and filling in time. There are not many places to wait in and the restaurant closes at certain times. So you cannot spend the time drinking endless cups of tea.

3 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Gildy, you say you're not there at meal times.
Have you thought of asking if you can come in at meal times, to feed your mum?
Some time ago, when my son was seriously ill in hospital, I asked this question, expecting to be refused but, to my surprise, they agreed.
If you phrase the question as if you're helping the staff out, you never know. Worth a try.
Good luck.

16 March 2012 at 17:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use to buy an ice cream at the shop,before I visited mine. At least it was a bit of moisture and sugar to keep the body ticking over and of course not easily refused.
if you think she is not getting enough to drink you can ask about a saline drip feed which will ensure she gets enough to drink.
Dehydration is not pleasent it can give you nightmares and lack of voice to make your pleas.

16 March 2012 at 20:30  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Both fantastic ideas, if she doiesn't eat at mealtimes I hope she'll eat what I take in...I'll try harder I also said unless they say otherwise if she gets food into her we might be able to turn this around but dare I say if they have decided to cut off nourishment and fill her full drugs, you guess what I am thinking(Rightly or wrongly)there is no prove. They still have not told me just how bad the cancer is down there.

But you'll see its not looking good from my latest post.

16 March 2012 at 23:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home