My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm Running Late...

Mum will be wondering where I am but I had things to do...

I hoped to take a flask of chicken soup in for her this afternoon but I can't find the stopper but I have a selection of fruit, bottled water(plain/flavoured)yogurts etc...

I'm going to try and make a couple of quick sandwiches for myself as I will probably be there until 8pm...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when my Dad had a bag fitted, bypassing all his own plumbing so to speak, as the pipe came directly out of the kidney.
It got unreliable to a point that it would randonmly leak (usually slap bang in the middle of the night).My first encounter with the dressing was very scary as I did not know what the blazes I would find underneath, would it bleed ? would the kidney fall out?- that type of thing- but I had do something for the poor soul.
Anyway managed to patch it with plumbing materials and sterilised it with Maplins cleaning alcohol. I said to Dad to mention it to the nurse who visited every week to change the dressing. Her reply was "go to A&E".I realised then that robotically changing the dressing (which I could now do myself)was about all she was fit for as she could not see a man that was weak and could hardly walk in front of her.
Anyway via Macmillian I managed to get him a hospital appointment, they agreed that the shaft into the Kidneys needed to be replaced- but 'the bed manager????' said there were no beds- just then a nurse he knew from a previous stay passed by and said " there is bed in my ward, of course he can have it" So luckily Dad's final weeks were made a bit more comfortable.

15 March 2012 at 21:57  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Anon,
If they do the colostomy(Stoma)for Mum, they were talking about redirecting some of Mum's bowel?

I'm sure after all I have done, like you I'll learn and cope with this if it come to pass.

I can also tell how caring you are so I feel it for you too.

I'll continue the latest news in a new post.

15 March 2012 at 22:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home