My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Well, Here We Are...

A new day, what will it hold, How long will I be in Mum's company? Will I be there until...

I did manage a few hours sleep I guess.

Strangely, when I was not asleep(and I know I was not)I found I was seeing images and faces(nothing I could recognise)that has never happened before. A strange sensation.

I will take my flasks of tea, coffee, yogurts and chicken soup...just in case, I hope Mum may have something but it may help me too.

Before I go if time allows I may pop into the hairdressers at the bottom of the street(I haven't much hair but its untidy)and get them to tidy me up and then get a taxi through to the hospital.

Its funny what goes through your mind, silly things like, I won't need to do as much washing any more and it will take ages to build up enough clothes for a wash so I can see me going back to doing a hand wash. Its silly having to run a washer for ages and use all that electric. Again, watching the pennies.

Well time is against me, it's almost 10.30am so I better disappear.

Thanks everyone...

3 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

A good idea to get yourself tidied up. It will make you feel better and, by the sounds of it, you're going to be busy in the weeks ahead.
There's so much to do.
I'm so glad that you continue to blog. I'm positive that it can only be helpful to you to 'talk' about things.
A big hug from me. x

17 March 2012 at 10:33  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks VQ,
I'll take that hug! I did it for Dad 28 years ago so I guess I can do it again...I've forgotten what it entailed but I'll find out soon enough...

To save time I have copied some of this from another place...

I'm surprised that I am still here but I tried a few times to get an answer at the hospital(No Joy!)

I went for that haircut to try and tidy myself up...It's been years since I went there(and yes, Mum used to give me a trim)They do don't they ;-)

Its not bad and I look presentable...

I came back home, phoned, they still say she is very ill but is brighter and has had some porridge this morning.

They still want a side room for her when one becomes free so that probably means any rally around is temporary(Be great if she could surprise us)but as there is not a room free I have to visit at normal times. Wonder if she'll be awake.

They said I can stay at mealtime and see if I can get her to eat something...

We'll see what happens today...

17 March 2012 at 12:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

About to get the taxi...
About an hour ago the phone went and I thought "Oh Dear!" It was Sky TV trying to sell me something!

Our radiator has started leaking again(so I either put a bowl under it and hope it doesn't fill)Or leave the heating on(and it doesn't drip)I'll risk the bowl...

17 March 2012 at 14:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home