My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I've Slept But It Was Restless...

I think a bottle of fruity fizzy water was left in the taxi's boot last night after my shopping trip to the supermarket but it's only one and only worth around 41p(I can live with that)

I found a few new things for Mum to try. Lots of little pots of items(really with children in mind)but high in calories and goodness. Some new mini rice pots, individual innocent smoothies but though highish in calories they are not thick like some of the larger cartons and they can stay out of the fridge for upto 12 hours.

What a night, my legs were restless and I could not keep still. But I had a tipple and that gave me a good afew hours and I'm going to start and keep some flasks full of drinks to save keep boiling a kettle up.

I have found the cheapest but best flasks are in Wilkinsons and there own brand. Beating even Thermos the well known brand.

I have a couple that say they keep liquids hot for 12 hours/cool for 24 and guess what 16 hours and they are still boiling hot!

I'm away for a cup of coffee.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Think even though I still have to get shaved, prepare flasks etc...I may for once get to Mum's care home a little earlier today :-) I am about to make my scrambled eggs, I hope she'll not refuse them.

29 March 2012 at 13:35  
Anonymous VQ said...

Well, nobody can ever say that you don't do your utmost to help you mum, Gildy.
I hope she manages to take some of your scrambled egg and smoothies.

29 March 2012 at 14:01  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Me too! Taxi has let me down but I'll get an extra 30 minutes with Mum. It all helps...That bottle of pop turned up it had been in the porch all night! :-)

I've arranged for my bloods to be taken next week regarding my medical condition and hope that all will be well.

My Consultant again has said he does not mind me not attending his clinic and will only call me in should the results be bad.

One of the nurses at the home says that whatever you are told, older/elderly people do not get the care that they should and it is factored into the treatment.

So should Mum get strong they may still count out the colostomy even if it would work and that begs me to wonder if another dose of radio therapy could make a difference but again "They are supposedly the experts!"

You keep getting mixed messages...Is Mum being written off too soon?

29 March 2012 at 15:20  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Hi Anthony

I have just come home to find water dripping into our loo from the loft space and onto the landing, waiting for an emergency plumber now!

You know you said you were worried about your future and economics, well I go on a website, www.moneysavingexpert.com and you will find a wealth of information on how to live on a budget. There are lots of like minded people on the old style boards. Lots and lots of tips on keeping warm and using a flask like you are etc.

Carol :)

29 March 2012 at 18:22  
Anonymous VQ said...

Carol, at first, I couldn't find the bit that you meant but I think I've got it now......
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/chat-tips-gold#oldstyle

29 March 2012 at 18:29  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Hi VQ

Yes that will be it. There is just so much information on that whole site about money matters.

There is also a grocery forum, just a bit further down the page which has lots of recommendations for bargains, which supermarket has offers etc.

Even just reading how others manage, can keep your mind of your problems for a while. :)

Carol

29 March 2012 at 22:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home