My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

So What Can You Do?

Bit personal now...I mentioned one thing that had been complained about and probably went against me was Mum had dirty hands at the minute she was visited. They are checked often in a day and I have a variety of ways to keep the hands and nails clean including a scrubbing brush, water, disinfectant, creams and that alcohol based hand wash liquid.

There I am at 3am this morning...I changed Mum, made a drink for her and on coming back with it found her hands were dirty...so I cleaned them immediately but what if that Nurse had happened to call, I thought Mum was OK because the last time I looked...she was...so I say go straight up.

I could be innocently in trouble and seen as not to be caring for Mum. And yet in this example when I did bring the drink into Mum she herself mentioned her hands needed cleaning.

Unless you tie someones hands down you cannot stop them doing what they are going to do.

Most reaction has been on my side and they think that I have been treated badly.

Only one person has seen it as a case of me wanting to be centre of attraction and not keeping Mum's welfare as the priority...Caring for Mum and being there daily, twenty three and a half hours shows that she is my priority and even after all that's happened I am still doing that. If I am such a rubbish carer why am I still being allowed to do that?

My complaint is that I have been lied to, stress and worry has been given to Mum's carer and myself. Mum doesn't like how I have been treated and thought that her original carer was in trouble and she keeps saying "She's done nothing wrong!"

I was led to believe it was the carer who was being criticised and it was me all along and the not knowing what is written about me in the official files doesn't help either. I don't see that as me putting myself above Mum's care.

Someone who sees things differently said..."I don't care what they said about me when my Mum was ill as long she was given the best care possible!"

Neither do I if its because I am fighting for the best care and they say I am a pain for that kind of reason but when you are criticised for the reasons I have been and they've tried to cover it up, that's a different matter.

Mum was happy but is actually unhappy now with what has happened and doesn't like the nurse or social worker any longer. And I have not influenced her. And she has told our carer what she thinks of them.

And they said Mum was incapable of making a decision on her care(if you catch her half asleep perhaps not)they did when they called but Mum has had long talks with me about it and known what she's talking about but she may not say much because she doesn't want "bother" and hopes it will just go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home