My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 12, 2011

I Really Cannot Afford It...

But what can you do?

My desktop PC's are second hand(maybe third or fourth hand)but they do all that I want them to(and I have a decent computer repairman)who helps me and I know that he is genuine.

Sadly, as reliable as the machines are they do fail and finding the money to get them working again can be a problem.

But listening to the radio and using my computers are what keep me sane.

So after a number of years I have had to invest in a new laptop to use when I am downstairs...(My desktop PC's are in my bedroom)

I cannot always listen to programmes when they clash with each other and BBC Radio 4 Extra is only in stereo if you take the satellite feed(On DAB the other main way of hearing it, its in mono)for some programmes it doesn't matter(readings of books or programmes produced before 1967)but drama's, comedies and especially Sci-Fi material really make use of stereo sound.

It has cost a fair bit but I know that he would buy something that's fancy and expensive for the sake of it. So I have a laptop and a wireless mouse to go with it. He found a really good offer and did save some money so it was worth it.

He looked for a bargain and he says this has all that he hoped it would and was the one he had in mind for me. It would seem to have a decent processor inside of it.

Just waiting for it to be set up and returned to me.

The most annoying thing today was I spent 4-5 hours looking for a disc with some software on it which I needed and I could not find it. I said my bedroom was a tip.

Well, at least its tidy now(even if I have some black bin liners to go through to decide what to keep or throw away)

The disc did turn up by the way...it was in the drive of a computer I had not used for a some weeks, if I'd only looked I could've saved all that work.

Then again it made me do something about the situation.

Now being a laptop the speakers aren't brilliant but whilst waiting to watch something on TV I was able to play the André Rieu DVD I wanted Mum to see using the laptop so she has seen it.

Of course I should add I thought my laptop was going to be a letdown after attempting some audio recording as it was distorted and everything sounded as though it was happening in a large empty room but some further fiddling about with hidden settings I think we've got it just about right so I am very relieved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home