My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Another Positive?

As far as I know Mum has short term memory loss(that's what it's been classed as)so far she only really has trouble if she is tired and at best the only trouble is remembering what time of the day it is and...whether she has had her medication. In the last day or two Mum has even improved regarding both of these things and if made to remember she can often work things out for herself.

No one(so far has suggested that its Alzheimer's)so it could be a slow burner(I hope)and the same is true of Mum's cancer(thank heavens)

This became more clear today as I met in the supermarket an ex neighbours son and his wife/partner who passed away some years ago of something similar to Mum, he said after what I told him it was a good sign that Mum had responded so well to radio therapy and that we have been told it is a slow one.

He said that "They do not mince their words" and if things are looking really bad "They will not hide it and will tell you outright!"

They told his Father everything.

They both said "Don't think about the future and live for today" and be thankful for what appears to be better news than it could've been.

They are also in a similar frame of mind about worrying about "Will they have a roof over their heads" in the future with all the changes coming in but they take it one day at a time.

So again, for now I must remain upbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home